Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > One Piece

One Piece Full sails ahead! Talk about Luffy and crew here!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Archon
the Emperor
S Class Ninja

Archon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Archon
Arrow The GOL D. ROGER Devil Fruit? No!

Quote:
Gol D. Roger, known to most as Gold Roger, was the Pirate King, the Captain of the Jolly Roger pirates, and owner of the legendary treasure known as One Piece.
Gol D. Roger, not much is said about him, even tho he seems to have been quite the pirate.

Quote:
Gold Roger was able to read Poneglyphs and write in their language, although he didn't actually know how to decipher the text itself. According to his first mate, Rayleigh, this was not like the Ohara scholars who used their intellect to study the Poneglyphs, but rather because he had the ability to "hear the voice of all things".
"The Power to hear all things" ? A Devils Fruit maybe ? Wrong!

Quote:
"I do not know how to use mantra myself, but from what I heard I imagine that mantra is the ability to listen for the various sounds that a person's body makes. I heard that they can predict a person's next move by listening. With training the range of Mantra can be increased.,,
"The power to hear all Things", equal to what Gol. D. Roger had, "Haki" ?
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Midnight Monk
Ruler of All
S Class Ninja

Midnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Monk

You know you didn't need to make a thread to say that, you could've just as easily put it in the Fruit Thread that already up
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Archon
the Emperor
S Class Ninja

Archon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond reputeArchon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_monk89 View Post
You know you didn't need to make a thread to say that, you could've just as easily put it in the Fruit Thread that already up
I kind of felt like I had to make a thread about it, since if I wrote it there, I just know some guy will pop up not reading any of it and talk bullcrap. Threads draw more attention.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
belarion
Gennin

belarion is on a distinguished roadbelarion is on a distinguished road

Its true but seeing how many people are actively posting her in the One Piece Part and how long a thread stays at top i dont think it would have gone under.
I only see my self searching in the future a Roger DF statement because we have some new infos and then i have to search multiple threads, because they sound really equal.

So i would have said one thread is enough too. But its not that of a problem

To your theory. Power to listen to all things a Haki? good thinking, but Roger could then have another DF.

Luffy please add the Sphinx to your Crew! Sphinx for new Nakama!
( Click to show/hide )
belarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Archon
the Emperor
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by belarion View Post
Its true but seeing how many people are actively posting her in the One Piece Part and how long a thread stays at top i dont think it would have gone under.
I only see my self searching in the future a Roger DF statement because we have some new infos and then i have to search multiple threads, because they sound really equal.

So i would have said one thread is enough too. But its not that of a problem

To your theory. Power to listen to all things a Haki? good thinking, but Roger could then have another DF.
Yeah but as some said in the other thread, "Maybe he had the DF to listen to all things" ya know ? So I kind of just thought about it before going to sleep. This is what I came up with.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
mirage
Academy Student

mirage is on a distinguished road

if its hearing all things around his environment, then this ability or mantra was was used by Enel, as the god of lightning as he see himself. And then passes it to his subordinates which was obviously beaten by the Strawhats Pirates.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #7
Ginta
ANBU Member

Ginta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura aboutGinta has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb hmm

dont know could be but i thought the fruit gave u powers like elements animal and body minipulation that thing ur talking about can be an instinct

( Click to show/hide )
Ginta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
MD Punk
RMGMDPunk
Kage

MD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Oh lordy, its another Fail Piece thread.

Theories like this don't work because we don't have enough information on Gol D. Roger himself.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Archon
the Emperor
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbznarutofreak View Post
Oh lordy, its another Fail Piece thread.

Theories like this don't work because we don't have enough information on Gol D. Roger himself.
Don't be so sad mate xD
Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Th3PirateKing
Academy Student

Th3PirateKing is infamous around these partsTh3PirateKing is infamous around these parts
Default >:O

Yes we don't know much about roger. But we know few 1 thing that kind proofs that he might not have a DF, the wooden handcuffs.

The ability to hear everything isn't a haki ability. It's like enels power.

We just know that since he's mostly have haki. He had an unmatchable physical power since not even garp could match him (the only one who had a draw with him was whitebeard, enough of proof).

besides like i said, Pirate king with dF will make one piece a devil fruit based manga.. we want a first king with no DF ! thats way suprior IMO!.

besides theories that ppl put are pretty ridiculous that just ruins the manga/anime mood..
Th3PirateKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
rikarudo
Jounin

rikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond reputerikarudo has a reputation beyond repute

the other thread was just a curious question... you never had one before? making another thread to practically flame the other is just not funny.

Plus the first thread already said something like this in one of it's posts... not this accuratelly but basically the same.

The Pirate King having Haki to hear the voice of all things makes no sense to whatsoever... maybe he had some kind of instict to make him do that. He seemes like a very good man but I think he used Haki to knock people unconscious XD
rikarudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
ClassicRockFan
Sodaholic
Tokubetsu Jounin

ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!ClassicRockFan is over 9,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3PirateKing View Post
besides like i said, Pirate king with dF will make one piece a devil fruit based manga.. we want a first king with no DF ! thats way suprior IMO!.
Then won't Luffy make it a "Devil Fruit based manga"?
ClassicRockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #13
Android 17
Gennin

Android 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLOAndroid 17 is seen as EL DIABLO
Send a message via MSN to Android 17 Send a message via Yahoo to Android 17

thread is a little lame ha
Android 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
NaRUtoSuPErfAn
Sexy Nigga
Jounin

NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!
Send a message via Yahoo to NaRUtoSuPErfAn

I think in order to be the Pirate King Gol D. Roger had both a DF and Haki. My reasoning being that he was a fatally ill man who managed to gain the title of Pirate King. Imagine how many people he had to fight, strong people who wanted to test their strength against him. People who just wanted to prove they were stronger/better, like Whitebeard. Whitebeard was said to have fought Gol D. Roger many-a-times, yet he could not beat a fatally ill man, when he himself has, "the power to destroy the world." That to me has to equal DF and Haki.

The whole "power to hear the voice of all things" thats instict and understanding of your surroundings. its not Haki or Mantra, the ability Enel had. Mantra is an ablility to boost one's hearing to hear everyone within the distance one can use the technique up to. The power to hear the voice of all things, I guess its time for some to review, because Zoro used it. He became conscience of this ability when he beat Mr. 1, whose body was made of steel. Remember he started hearing the voice of the things around him, then he ran blade down a leaf that remained perfect and uncut, then sliced a boulder in half like it was butter.

Last edited by NaRUtoSuPErfAn; 08-27-2009 at 08:44 PM..
NaRUtoSuPErfAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #15
Th3PirateKing
Academy Student

Th3PirateKing is infamous around these partsTh3PirateKing is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRUtoSuPErfAn View Post
I think in order to be the Pirate King Gol D. Roger had both a DF and Haki. My reasoning being that he was a fatally ill man who managed to gain the title of Pirate King. Imagine how many people he had to fight, strong people who wanted to test their strength against him. People who just wanted to prove they were stronger/better, like Whitebeard. Whitebeard was said to have fought Gol D. Roger many-a-times, yet he could not beat a fatally ill man, when he himself has, "the power to destroy the world." That to me has to equal DF and Haki.

The whole "power to hear the voice of all things" thats instict and understanding of your surroundings. its not Haki or Mantra, the ability Enel had. Mantra is an ablility to boost one's hearing to hear everyone within the distance one can use the technique up to. The power to hear the voice of all things, I guess its time for some to review, because Zoro used it. He became conscience of this ability when he beat Mr. 1, whose body was made of steel. Remember he started hearing the voice of the things around him, then he ran blade down a leaf that remained perfect and uncut, then sliced a boulder in half like it was butter.
There's no need for DF fruit.. explain to me how was dark king : silver rayleigh according to the manga that when he was younger he was able to beat admirals easly ? having a DF to become the pirate king is still crappy point imo.

+ can u prove that the whitebeard had his Devil fruit powers while fighting roger ? no u cant.. its unkown when.. Besides, it's known that no matter whats ur DF its defeatable in many ways. Especially haki. You don't need DF to Beat sm1, u need skills. I totally disagree with u. POWER IS NOT DF !
Th3PirateKing is offline   Reply With Quote