Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > One Piece

One Piece Full sails ahead! Talk about Luffy and crew here!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
belarion
Gennin

belarion is on a distinguished roadbelarion is on a distinguished road
Default Gol D Roger and Luffy?

So after the Don Thread and the Roger Devil Fruit thread comes here another Roger thread. I think for some people this is kinda obvious, but I didn’t found a thread and so I write this theory down here.
Like Smoker stated with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker View Post
Those in the D. Family in One Piece are also all that we know of, great persons that achieve great things.
I believe Gol D Roger and Monkey D Luffy are blood related. I don’t know how, but I would say Garp and Roger were brothers. Its been 20 years since Rogers death and their age would fit. This would make Roger Luffys granduncle.

Here my points:
1) The most obvious point, both have a D in there name. I don’t think there is much to explain, but this picture underlines this point:
( Click to show/hide )

2) Many people note the similarities between Luffy and Roger. Luffy reminds Smoker at the execution place of the day when Roger was executed. Shanks said to Rayleigh this boy said the very same words like our captain.
( Click to show/hide )

3) Roger came from the East Blue just like Luffy. The Birthtowns are different, but that’s no point because they wouldn’t live under 1 roof anyway. Perhaps the monkeys fled from Logue Town when Roger died.
( Click to show/hide )

4) Garp was the man who “captured” Roger. We know Roger gave himself into the hands of the Marine at his own will. Out of all possible Marine Officers he has chosen Garp. Of course perhaps he acknowledged him as opponent during his adventures to become the Pirate King. But I think he wanted his Brother to be the hero of the Marine.
( Click to show/hide )

5) Last point, this family is just crazy. Ace, Garp, Dragon and Luffy are all important Persons in the One Piece world and the Pirate King would fit into it.

What do you think about this theory, is Roger related to Luffy and if its true then how. I hope i pointed out somethin that was written before

Luffy please add the Sphinx to your Crew! Sphinx for new Nakama!
( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by belarion; 01-31-2009 at 10:39 AM..
belarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
WarAngel
SI's Planeswalker
Kage

WarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWarAngel is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Well they are possibly related. I would think they could be more like a clan, but I don't know. You also forgot that Giant (Can't remember his name) that was friends with Robin when she was younger. He also had the initial D as well. But makes sense, really does.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
belarion
Gennin

belarion is on a distinguished roadbelarion is on a distinguished road

never thaught about him but good point. the giants name was Jaguar D Saul
( Click to show/hide )

perhaps he is in the family/clan too, nothing would surprise my in that family

Luffy please add the Sphinx to your Crew! Sphinx for new Nakama!
( Click to show/hide )
belarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Midnight Monk
Ruler of All
S Class Ninja

Midnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Monk
Default Will of D

I heard the whole "D" middle intial has to do with the "Will of D", alot of notable or imprtant figures in One Piece have "D" as an middle intial. Mostly, show respect to Gol D. Roger and how he, one man literally changed the world with his excecution. Most people who have D are usually Marines who have the upmost respect for Roger like Jaguar or Garp and Pirates who want to be like D, Like Luffy,Ace, & Blackbeard.

But I don't believed their blood related though

Carriers of the D name:

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Portagas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"
Jaguar D. Saul
Gol D. Roger
Old 01-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
doger
S Class Ninja

doger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond reputedoger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_monk89 View Post
I heard the whole "D" middle intial has to do with the "Will of D", alot of notable or imprtant figures in One Piece have "D" as an middle intial. Mostly, show respect to Gol D. Roger and how he, one man literally changed the world with his excecution. Most people who have D are usually Marines who have the upmost respect for Roger like Jaguar or Garp and Pirates who want to be like D, Like Luffy,Ace, & Blackbeard.

Carriers of the D name:

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Portagas D. Ace
Jaguar D. Saul
Gol D. Roger
Excellent point. They might not be related, they could all just be carrying the will of D with them, in hopes that they will be the next Pirate King.

Take notes Rock Lee! This is what we call BALLING!!
doger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Jon Snow
Winter Is Coming
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Jon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Jon Snow

This theory is reasonable. I don't think they are blood related though it makes sense. Nice reasoning.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
NaRUtoSuPErfAn
Sexy Nigga
Jounin

NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!NaRUtoSuPErfAn is over 9,000!
Send a message via Yahoo to NaRUtoSuPErfAn

Nice theory, I've always thought about this myself, maybe, only time will tell though.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
Jon Snow
Winter Is Coming
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Jon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Jon Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_monk89 View Post

Carriers of the D name:

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Portagas D. Ace
Jaguar D. Saul
Gol D. Roger
Imagine if Luffy is related to that scum pirate Blackbeard.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
mirage
Academy Student

mirage is on a distinguished road

Good deductions to the events in the world of One Piece.

Let me get this straight:

In episodes in says that Luffy, Garp, Dragon and Ace are blood related. So having Blackbeard as one of their of own is such a way out of reasoning. But good point for the thread starter.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
MD Punk
RMGMDPunk
Kage

MD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude-sama View Post
Imagine if Luffy is related to that scum pirate Blackbeard.
Blackbeard's not a scum pirate for one.

On Topic: I'm tired of see'ing threads like this on every forum I go to. Luffy and Roger being realted would kill the story for me, and Oda knows that a lot of fans would be pissed due to the fact that unless Roger was Luffy's grandma, they aren't related.