Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > One Piece

One Piece Full sails ahead! Talk about Luffy and crew here!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Kuro Ashi
Mr.Prince
Sannin

Kuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKuro Ashi is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Default One Piece Film Z Canon ?

this has been bothering me for a long, because oda isn't directing, he just oversees what happening. so should we consider it canon? or filler?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Law
Keyblade Master
Akatsuki Member

Law is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I heard it was canon

Edit: seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on the canon of both Z and Strong World
Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
FooderNinja
♣Young Master Joker♣
Tokubetsu Jounin

FooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faith

They both have canon elements in them but they dont fit into the overall timeline ... Id say they are semi-cannon
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Tyler
S Class Ninja

Tyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

If its not in the manga then its not cannon.
Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
MD Punk
RMGMDPunk
Kage

MD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Shiki is referenced in the manga, therefore it is believed that Strong World is cannon.

As for Z? Its most likely not cannon but we might get more clarity on the subject in the future.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Jon Snow
Winter Is Coming
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Jon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJon Snow is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Jon Snow

When will this movie be released?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
FooderNinja
♣Young Master Joker♣
Tokubetsu Jounin

FooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faithFooderNinja is a guardian of faith

As far as I know ,
the movie is already out , but it needs another 6 months till the dvd comes out , which then needs to be subbed first.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Tyler
S Class Ninja

Tyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Punk View Post
Shiki is referenced in the manga, therefore it is believed that Strong World is cannon.

As for Z? Its most likely not cannon but we might get more clarity on the subject in the future.
Just because a character is referenced doesn't make the entire storyline canon.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
two nagato
Chuunin

two nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
If its not in the manga then its not cannon.
then strong word is cannon because when sengoku was informed that luffy enter impeldown he said theres onely one man that escape thats gold lion shiji and he died in an encounter whit the straw hats and that happend only in the movie juts because its not in the manga doesnt mean its filler becausw luffy lear gear second in a movie
two nagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
two nagato
Chuunin

two nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to beholdtwo nagato is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Just because a character is referenced doesn't make the entire storyline canon.
actualy the entire story line of the movie is referenced when sengoku says the straw hats where the one that put a end to the gold lion shiji the only person to escape impel dow so yea its cannon
Old 12-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
Tyler
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by two nagato View Post
actualy the entire story line of the movie is referenced when sengoku says the straw hats where the one that put a end to the gold lion shiji the only person to escape impel dow so yea its cannon
If its not manga its not canon.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
BigShawn
Big Shawn
Akatsuki Member

BigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Can you link where he said the strawhats killed shiki I don't remember that
BigShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
two nagato
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfgsn View Post
Can you link where he said the strawhats killed shiki I don't remember that
One piece chapter 530 page 5&6 and in the anime he says the same but puts he was ended by the strahats
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2637-...apter-530.html
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #14
two nagato
Chuunin

Quote:
If its not manga its not canon.
One piece chapter 530 page 5 and6
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Antdog
Deanmon
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Antdog has disabled reputation

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Tamago View Post
Haha, I love those people who try to force us into believing that the last two movies are canon.

As long as Oda doesn't flat out state it himself, I prefer to consider only the characters canon, not the actual movie events. They're part of the anime filler-verse in my opinion. Deal with it.

I like this answer.

Quote:
One piece chapter 530 page 5&6 and in the anime he says the same but puts he was ended by the strahats
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2637-...apter-530.html
I just checked and on page 5 and 6, no where do they say anything bout the SH's killing Shiki.

Antdog is offline   Reply With Quote