Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > Music > Anime Music Videos

Anime Music Videos This is the place to show off music videos for your favorite anime!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Lawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud of
Default AMV Making Tips

Here are some tips on how to make AMV's.

Know what you're doing

When you make an AMV you should know what you're doing. When I say that I mean you have to have the basics:
*Clipping Skills
*FXing skills
*opt. Transition Skills
Clipping Skills are the easiest ones to obtain. Basically you just cut up your video into clips you want from the video to be in your AMV.
FXing Skills means to have the ability to use special effects(FX) at your best. There should be SOME special FX on your video editing tool.
Transition Skills are for more advanced AMV makers. It means to go from one clip to another with an effect.

Alright those are some tips you can use if you're a beginner.

Don't miss the perfect chance

When I say not to miss the perfect chance I mean that if an important part of the video or song is about to be conveyed you should take it to your advantage. For example, let's say in the video Naruto screams then in the music you should have a hard rock song with the singer screaming something or possibly vice-versa. That's called lip synching.

Extra tip: Let's say you're using a song that has a special sound effect that is unique to the other sounds you should put a special effect in for that sound and even vice-versa.

These really would be good if you're an intermediate AMV maker.

Plan

You should plan what's gonna be in your AMV. You have to think about what anime you're using and what episodes/clips you're gonna use in the AMV. Then you have to realize what type of message all the clips together conveys and the you match the perfect song for it. For example, if you're doing a Naruto tribute that conveys the message "I don't give up!" a good song for it would be Me Against The World by Simple Plan.

There are some very good tips for an expert AMV maker.

What Video Editing Program should I use?
Use the Video Editing Tool that comforts you the most.

Even so there should be a way of telling which ones to use. Well here's a short and simple guide to choosing the right one:

If you're a beginner- I recommend you use Windows Movie Maker
If you're and intermediate AMV maker- I also recommend you use Windows Movie Maker or whichever one you work best with.
If you're an expert- You probably would want to use an advanced one like Sony Vegas but, if you want a real challenge work with Windows Movie Maker.

Final Tips

If you think you're not doing a very good job try playing around with your editing tool. You should think of some useful things.

My final tip extremely important- This goes out to all AMV makers from Beginner to Advanced: You should always put effort in to your work.

Side Notes
If you're using Windows Movie Maker here is a place to make it seem like Sony Vegas: http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx
They give extra effects.
Here's a place to download Naruto Eps
Animea
Hope you guys make some good AMV's

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Lawliet; 11-23-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Lawliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Evil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Evil_Gaara

Damn, you got some good tips there, I have been makeing AMV's since last years at christmas where i made my best amv. I am starting to make them again because i gave up after awhile.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Lawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud ofLawliet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-garra View Post
Damn, you got some good tips there, I have been makeing AMV's since last years at christmas where i made my best amv. I am starting to make them again because i gave up after awhile.
thanx man

I think i'm going to make amvs again too

( Click to show/hide )
Old 10-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Dimetrius
Sannin

Dimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura aboutDimetrius has a spectacular aura about

thx man ive been wanting to make one but didnt know how thx again
Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimetrius View Post
thx man ive been wanting to make one but didnt know how thx again
No prob dude. Just pm me if you need more tips

Also for inspiration: Check out the AMV's I've posted made by great AMV creators.

An extreme inspiration is Naruto-Goodbye by birdman44 because he only used Windows Movie Maker to make his AMV and the AMV is the 5th best one i've ever seen.

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Kamiaiwai; 11-06-2008 at 01:04 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
ewok
Sannin

ewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of lightewok is a glorious beacon of light

i want to make some naruto ones but i can find any vids that i can download
Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Kamiaiwai
Sannin

Kamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud ofKamiaiwai has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Kamiaiwai Send a message via AIM to Kamiaiwai Send a message via MSN to Kamiaiwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kamiaiwai Send a message via Skype™ to Kamiaiwai

You may also want ot include that in battle-themesS AMVs, it's good to match up hits (punches, explosions, ect.) with drum beats or hard strums.

I'm a former AMV maker too, what works have you made, Sasuke?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiaiwai View Post
You may also want ot include that in battle-themesS AMVs, it's good to match up hits (punches, explosions, ect.) with drum beats or hard strums.

I'm a former AMV maker too, what works have you made, Sasuke?
The "Don't miss the perfect chance" part states that in its own way but less specifically.
I've made a whole bunch of AmV's. Most of them were deleted except for the first three ive made. I posted them on SI

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Lawliet; 11-07-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
KS The Embalmer
The dull sword~
Sannin

KS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I've been making amvs for several months now (havent uploaded one in months though) and hav been watching them for 2 years now, i'm doing close cut editing now which is rather troublesome but well worth the results, say do u know bronzepheonix?

( Click to show/hide )
KS The Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #10
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by konoha_shinigami View Post
I've been making amvs for several months now (havent uploaded one in months though) and hav been watching them for 2 years now, i'm doing close cut editing now which is rather troublesome but well worth the results, say do u know bronzepheonix?
close cut editing is very difficult to master and i prefer just to speed up the clip to make it look like it was close cut edited..
bronzepheonix, hmmm i think ive heard of him before but I don't remember him well

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Lawliet; 11-25-2008 at 09:43 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #11
KS The Embalmer
The dull sword~
Sannin

KS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKS The Embalmer is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
close cut editing is very difficult to master and i prefer just to speed up the clip to make it look like it was close cut edited..
bronzepheonix, hmmm i think ive heard of him before but I don't remember him well
yea i know,i sometimes just speed up the clip too but the effect aint as good, bronzepheonix has some of the most damn awesome amvs ever, though he's retired and stuff since he aint uploaded in over a year

( Click to show/hide )
Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #12
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Quote:
yea i know,i sometimes just speed up the clip too but the effect aint as good, bronzepheonix has some of the most damn awesome amvs ever, though he's retired and stuff since he aint uploaded in over a year
Yeah I remember that he was a good AMV maker...
Ever heard of RubixCL9?

( Click to show/hide )
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
KS The Embalmer
The dull sword~
Sannin

Quote:
Yeah I remember that he was a good AMV maker...
Ever heard of RubixCL9?
nope xD

( Click to show/hide )
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #14
Lawliet
S Class Ninja

Quote:
nope, is he/she good?
good?! good?!

He's awesome! He used to be my favorite AMV maker till his account was deleted and he quit making AMV's

( Click to show/hide )
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #15
KS The Embalmer
The dull sword~
Sannin

Quote:
good?! good?!

He's awesome! He used to be my favorite AMV maker till his account was deleted and he quit making AMV's
that good huh? Wat about yorae, she has to be the greatest amv maker of all time

( Click to show/hide )