Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball The debates of Goku and friends from the legendary Dragon Ball series go here!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
SonGrove
Gennin

SonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura about
Default Rewrite GT

I create a thread for suggestions for rewrite gt

my suggestion:
version 3 (current):
( Click to show/hide )

Rename: Dragon Ball L (Lose)

summery:
10 years after Goku went with Uub for training him Pan disappeared.
month later Bulla disappeared. After that the police search and they found her body near to Pan's body. They both found dead.
The police found fingerprints of Goten & Trunks near to their corpses.
Goten & Trunks Accused of murder.
Unfortunately Majin Buu broke down the dragon balls radar. After that he commited suicide.
Meanwhile Goku Return from Uub's village. Then Gohan tells Goku a rumor that there is Black Star Dragon Balls.
Black Star Dragon Balls they Dragon Balls that can tell the truth instead of wish.
Goku had been searching them & saw a "fan" of him hold them. The "fan" decided that Goku going to lose all of his memory. After few days Gohan found Goku. Gohan Convincing Goku that he exist for searching Dragon Balls. Gohan actually wants that Goku will find the these Dragon Balls and prove that Goten & Trunks aren't criminals

Characters:
Main:
  • Goku
  • Trunks (He will act like future trunks)
  • Uub
  • New Character (not has saiyan blood)

Supporting:
  • Vegeta
  • Dende
  • Mr.Satan (Hercule in english dub)
  • Gohan
  • Piccolo
  • Goten (Who hates Gohan)
  • New Characters

Other:
  • The Switcher, The leader of The Underworld
  • The "fan"
  • Sandy (Bulla's Boyfriend, his age in the start is 25)
  • "Perfect", a criminal , he dislikes people that ask questions, very smart
  • "Soul", a criminal , he talks like a robot
  • Pluto, a mystrious character
  • Icarus (Sound similar to Renji from Bleach, Victim of Dragons)
  • Android 4:
  • New Characters

Genre: Action, Mystery, Adventure, Drama, Comedy, Science fiction

Superpowers:
  • No more saiyan levels (SJJ, SJJ2 & SSJ3 is enough)
  • Gohan stays mystic
  • Goku will learn to be Mytsic Goku
  • Will have new superpowers

Settings:
  • both manga & anime version
  • suggestion of the number of chapters:
  • 140-300 chapters - 70-150 canon episodes (not fillers)
  • The tone will be more series than Cell Saga(not kidding)
  • Gohan & Goten relationships will appears in the story
  • All the ruturning characters will have End of Z look
  • Much better plot, not only emotions & stress
  • No returning Bad Guys
  • All the Canon Story(Not include flashbacks) will set only on earth
  • Age rating: PG-13 (T)(this time the age rating will be clear)

version 2:
( Click to show/hide )

Rename: Dragon Ball L (Lose)

summery:
10 years after Goku went with Uub for training him Pan disappeared.
month later Bulla disappeared. After that the police search and they found her body near to Pan's body. They both found dead.
The police found note in Pan's pants with the names: Goten & Trunks.
Meanwhile Goku Return from Uub's village. Then Gohan tells Goku a rumor that there is Black Star Dragon Balls.
Black Star Dragon Balls they Dragon Balls that can tell the truth instead of wish.
Goku had been searching them & saw a "fan" of him hold them. The "fan" decided that Goku going to lose all of his memory. After few days Gohan found Goku. Gohan Convincing Goku that he exist for searching Dragon Balls. Gohan actually wants that Goku will find the these Dragon Balls and prove that Goten & Trunks aren't criminals

Characters:
Main:
  • Goku
  • Trunks

Supporting:
  • Vegeta
  • Dende
  • Gohan
  • Piccolo
  • Goten
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character
  • New Character

Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery , Comedy, Drama, Science fiction

Superpowers:
  • Gohan stays mystic
  • Will have new superpowers

Notes:
  • 140-200 Chapters(70-100 Episodes not include Fillers)
  • Naruto/Naruto Shippuden tone
  • Gohan & Goten relationships will appears in the story
  • No returning Bad Guys
  • Trunks act like he acted in Buu Saga (similar to Vegeta)

version 1:
( Click to show/hide )

Rename: Dragon Ball BT (Black Tour)

Summary:
month after Goku went with Uub for training him Gohan disappeared.
15 years later Bulla disappeared. After that the police search and they found her body near to Gohan's body. Thet both found dead. the police found note in Gohan's pants with the names: Goten & Trunks.
Meanwhile Pan hears a rumor that there is Black Star Dragon Balls.
Pan decided with her friends to found the these Dragon Balls and prove that Goten & Trunks aren't criminals

Characters:
Main:
  • Pan (going to be replacement for Goku)
  • Tide (like parties, women, cigarettes, easy-going) (male char.)(25 years old)
  • Sanzo (monk, serious characters) (male char.)(19 years old)
  • Bond (friendly, pretty woman, doesn't like parties) (female char.)(23 years old)

Supporting:
  • Vegeta
  • Dende
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery , Comedy, Drama, Science fiction

Superpowers:
  • powers that related to saiyans won't appears in the series anymore (maybe can appear only in returning characters)
  • some of other Superpowers can appear again

Notes:
  • 140-200 Chapters(70-100 Episodes not include Fillers)
  • Naruto/Naruto Shippuden tone
  • Goku and Uub won't appear anymore(they can appear only in flashbacks)

Last edited by SonGrove; 04-26-2012 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: I changed the [I]sketchy of pan's pants[/I] idea to [I]fingerprints of Goten & Trunks[/I]
SonGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Onomatopoeia
Love Sofa
S Class Ninja

Onomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Interesting. Uncharacteristically dark for DB, but still a nice concept. Is this thread for making suggestions for your version or coming up with our own?
Onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
SonGrove
Gennin

SonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura aboutSonGrove has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Chaney Sr View Post
Interesting. Uncharacteristically dark for DB, but still a nice concept.
I don't see my idea as more dark, I see it as Good Idea.
If Dragon Ball continue I want that the new chapters/episodes will be like Naruto/Bleach more than One Piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Chaney Sr View Post
Is this thread for making suggestions for your version or coming up with our own?
coming up with our own

Last edited by SonGrove; 02-10-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
UFT
Tokubetsu Jounin

UFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLO

Quote:
No more saiyan levels (SJJ, SJJ2 & SSJ3 is enough)
many fans would be disappointed. ssj4 isnt really a saiyan level so much as fusing ssj with oozaru.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
Onomatopoeia
Love Sofa
S Class Ninja

Onomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFT View Post
many fans would be disappointed. ssj4 isnt really a saiyan level so much as fusing ssj with oozaru.
I wouldn't!

I liked the Golden Oozaru, but SS4 just felt forced. We barely even saw the potential of SS3 anyway. Plus, what is there, an infinitely-rising number of super Saiyan levels? ._.
Onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
SonGrove
Gennin

If you want that the series both continue and success the series shouldn't focus on same elements (In this case:Super Saiyan levels) forever and after each saga the series must create new elements (mostly not similar)
----------
even SSJ3 is little boring. I prefer that the story focus on SSJ3 potential than new level of Super Saiyan

Last edited by SonGrove; 02-13-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
SonGrove
Gennin

Update
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #8
SonGrove
Gennin

Updated (Add new ideas)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Hoenn
Stars and Stripes.
Sannin

Hoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyHoenn is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

a little to dark for dragon ball.
If I was to toss in a idea it would be more like goku,gohan, and vegeta all go missing.

Now it's just uub,pan, trunks, and goten searching for them.
To be honest I am a fan oof goku but after the fight with cell goku should have stayed out of the picture.
For vegeta I would have liked him to kill of the main bad guy for once.
And gohan gets to be the big shot for longer than 1 fight then dropped off the radar for god knows how long.
Hoenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
SonGrove
Gennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoenn View Post
a little to dark for dragon ball.
If I was to toss in a idea it would be more like goku,gohan, and vegeta all go missing.

Now it's just uub,pan, trunks, and goten searching for them.
To be honest I am a fan oof goku but after the fight with cell goku should have stayed out of the picture.
For vegeta I would have liked him to kill of the main bad guy for once.
And gohan gets to be the big shot for longer than 1 fight then dropped off the radar for god knows how long.
The problem is that The Japanese Fans want that Goku will be the main character for all the series. I suggest that Goku will lose all his memory and that will make him to like a new character/succesor.

If rewrite the buu saga I rewrite this:
I will focus on the problem of Potora Fusion.
Changes:
Vegito Succeess to release Gohan, Piccolo, Gotenks and after that Buu killed by Vegito. But now Vegito must find way how to split.

Both Pan and Bulla (Trunks' sister) appearance was unnecessary from the story of dragon ball. I suggest that killing unnecessary characters is good idea (like:
Asuma Sarutobi from Naruto
Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist
)

I suggest that if the radar break down then finding dragon balls will be much harder
I also suggest that Gohan & Goten rivalry will be in the story
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
SonGrove
Gennin

add new characters
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #12
UFT
Tokubetsu Jounin

UFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLOUFT is seen as EL DIABLO

Quote:
The problem is that The Japanese Fans want that Goku will be the main character for all the series.
where was this established? also its not really db if goku isnt the main hero.

Quote:
I liked the Golden Oozaru, but SS4 just felt forced. We barely even saw the potential of SS3 anyway. Plus, what is there, an infinitely-rising number of super Saiyan levels? ._.
well ssj4 isnt even a real ssj level. in the series they say "super goku 4" as its more oozaru than ssj. hence the lack of gold hair
Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
Mangekyo death
Gennin

Mangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant future

I thought GT was fine as it is
Old 04-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Jiraiya
One Piece is the best.
Sannin

Jiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faithJiraiya is a guardian of faith
Send a message via AIM to Jiraiya

I like it... but I disliked how all of your scenarios include the same thing but barely different -_- lol. and in pan's pants...................? SKETCHY
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #15
SonGrove
Gennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
I like it... but I disliked how all of your scenarios include the same thing but barely different -_- lol. and in pan's pants...................? SKETCHY
I changed the sketchy of pan's pants idea to fingerprints of Goten & Trunks