Go Back   Island Forums > Naruto Village > Ninja Academy

Ninja Academy Talk about various topics related to Naruto in a general nature.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Rinna_Rules
Tokubetsu Jounin

Rinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUM
Default So I want to start reading the Manga...

Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but if not feel free to move it.

Anyway I've only watched the Naruto anime show. I've seen every episode and movie and I'm current on all the info from there. Although I don't like Manga very much, it kills me when I read posts on topics that have been discussed only in the Manga and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

So I want to start reading it. A few weeks ago I went all the way back to chapter one and started from there. I got to chapter 60 before I threw the book across the room and quit. I then went to chapter 220, where Naruto ends and Naruto Shippuden begins, and read Kakashi's life story. Huh? That wasn't the the show untill around Shippuden ep 120. Why is it at the beginning of Shippuden?

So my basic questions are:

1. What chapter should I start at? I finished watching the latest anime episode yesterday and would like to start at that chapter in the manga.

2. How are the manga and anime related? Are the filler episodes in the Manga? Ok, guess that's two questions, but they are under the same category. I used to think that every anime episode was a copy of the manga chapter. Utill I read Kakashi's life story in chapter 220.

( Click to show/hide )

Mischievous, loyal, and playful - I'm a Chibi Seme!
What seme or uke are you? Take the quiz at http://www.SemeUke.com
Rinna_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Ochigun-Kun
Its a Pug life :D
Sannin

Ochigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond reputeOchigun-Kun has a reputation beyond repute

Well to tell you the truth the manga is different from the anime it might have some things that weren't in the anime and vice versa. you should start around chapter 245
Old 02-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
KonohaShinobi
On my way...
Sannin

KonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKonohaShinobi is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

1) If you watched Shippuuden episode 198, it's manga chapter equivalent is 453. You should start there.

2) Yes, the manga and anime are closely related. The anime is about 74 chapters behind the manga (at this point in time). It might take about 2 years for the anime to catch up to where the manga is now. This is because fillers (such as Naruto episodes 135-220) are added in so the anime will not catch up to the manga. If it did, the anime would probably take a break because there is nothing to base it on.
I'm not entirely sure why Kakashi Gaiden was shown so late (I waited foreeeever to see it in the anime....although it would have been so cool if it had been made into a movie ). Kakashi Gaiden is episodes 119-120.

I hope this long explanation helps, and let me know if you have anymore questions.

My Song of the Moment :
( Click to show/hide )
( Click to show/hide )
KonohaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Rinna_Rules
Tokubetsu Jounin

Rinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUMRinna_Rules 's power is MAXIMUM

Thanks so much. I've always wondered why they wasted time and talent on the fillers. Don't they have to draw about 35 pictures or every 20 seconds? My hands would fall off lol.
Today I'll start around 245 and skim through it until I've reached the recent chapters. Off to find an illegal manga site...

( Click to show/hide )

Mischievous, loyal, and playful - I'm a Chibi Seme!
What seme or uke are you? Take the quiz at http://www.SemeUke.com
Rinna_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
MightPiccolo
Go in a blaze of YOUTH~!
Tokubetsu Jounin

MightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUMMightPiccolo 's power is MAXIMUM

(butting in)
Might I suggest MangaShare . . .?