Go Back   Island Forums > Naruto Village > Theory Lane

Theory Lane Have a theory about the series that your itching to let out? This is the place to do it!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
RootDivision_Sai
Rokudaime
Tokubetsu Jounin

RootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to all
Default Gai-Sensei's... Other Abilities.

We all know that Rock Lee uses Taijutsu because he is incapable of using Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. Because of that fact and that Gai-sensei and Lee have almost everything in common, people think Gai is incapable as well. That couldnt be farther from the truth.

Unlike Rock Lee, Gai sensei is fully capable of using both Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. Given a 3 out of 5 in terms of skill in Handsigns, Overall Ninjutsu, and Overall Genjutsu. The few times that he does use jutsu other than taijutsu, it is off screen. Like when he summoned his turtle in the first Naruto when sasuke fought with Lee.

He simply refrains from using it, though the reason is unknown. It could be to show lee that a ninja that uses taijutsu alone can still be a superb ninja or it could be that he thinks ninjutsu is to easy and whats to challenge himself like he always does with taijutsu.

But on to my reason for this post.

I think we MAY see guy use his ninjutsu more either in this fight with Kisame or the upcoming war. What kind of nature he has or what jutsu's he will have is completely unknown to me but im hoping he will. Him being able to use his chakra for something other than taijutstu is to much of a tease.

I would like to think he is a Fire-Element user. He can somehow incorporate that into his taijutsu. We've seen him naturally create fire when he opened the 6th gate and used Morning Peacock on Kisame and fire was created from the pure friction and speed of his punches.

What do you guys think? And i'd also like to know what Ninjutsu you think he would use, or what you want him to use. aaannndddd lol what do you think a Maito Gai Genjutsu would be like. I couldnt even imagine.

I think he'd trap a person in a room of mirrors and all they see is an old version of themselves since he's all about the power of youth. The person in the genjutsu would be like WTF is this? lol Gai would totally think he's torturing someone.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Midnight Monk
Ruler of All
S Class Ninja

Midnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMidnight Monk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Monk

If I had to guess, I say the reason he rarely uses it is probably because most of his jutsu revolve around his immense Taijutsu. Among every in Naruto, I doubt there is a person who could rival Gai's Taijutsu skills outside of the Hyuuga clan of course.But similar to his Eight Gate technique's and similar to the Hyuuga clan. His jutsu revolve around his Taijutsu, I sure he probably got a afew others similar to his summoning technique but you don't become as skill as Gai without developing afew originals...the Eight Gate is probably just scratching the surface of what hes really capable off
Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
RootDivision_Sai
Rokudaime
Tokubetsu Jounin

RootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to allRootDivision_Sai is a name known to all

Keep in mind that the releasing of the Eight Gates is not a Jutsu. Its locating and unlocking the eight chakra points in a humans body that places limits on certain aspects of power so that your body won't expire quickly. It has nothing to do with the gathering of chakra in conjunction with hand seals to activate.

Also, Rock Lee can open gates as well. He is incapable of preforming Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. So we haven't actually seen Gai-Sensei use any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu at all besides his summoning.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
Lord Ikimichi
Fighting a loosing battle
Akatsuki Member

Lord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Lord Ikimichi

Gai is a bit of a tease but in serious fights he will use his weapons and probably show us some ninjutsu. He might even pull out a genjutsu and shock us all. In regards to his affinity I believe he is probably a primary earth user but has the ability to use multiple affinities. I say this because he is kakashi's rival and probably has a counter to anything if he can counter the sharingan. To me his physicality just makes him seem like an earth type. He probably has shome skill with fire as well since he can make with with his pure speed and wouldn't have to generate the chakra for his attacks as normal fire users do.

Keep that pimp hand strong
( Click to show/hide )
Lord Ikimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
RootDivision_Sai
Rokudaime
Tokubetsu Jounin

I can see that, the earth affinity. And i guess he would have multiple elements given his level. I'm just eager to see anything other than taijutsu from him. Not that im bored with that because nothing really quenches the thirst like a nice hand to hand battle but something else would be enjoyable.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
Perschbacher
Academy Student

Perschbacher is on a distinguished road

I realize Asakujaku is a Taijutsu, but it was real fire coming from his fists and foot, so maybe he has a fire nature?
Perschbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
DoomTrain
(V) ( ; , , ; ) (V)
S Class Ninja

DoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to DoomTrain Send a message via Yahoo to DoomTrain

nice read, I'd like to see more Gai. It was hilarious seeing him in the Naruto special a few weeks back.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
Shuhan
Celestial Hellspawn
Kage

Shuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacyShuhan is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I like this. I always wondered what types of Ninjutsu or Genjutsu Gai was capable of. Even more-so, I've wondered what that Turtle Kuchiyose could do as well. He obviously trains with both Gai and Lee, since he knew exactly how to effortlessly cancel out Lee's Omote Renge. It would be awesome if Gai was hiding some sort of Giant Turtle Kuchiyose (there's a giant summon for Snakes, Toads, Slugs, and Salamanders, so why not Turtles lol). As far as affinities go, I can definitely see him being either a Katon or Doton user, maybe both.

Whatever Gai is hiding from us, I'm hoping he starts using some of them against either Kisame, or at some point during the war. I have a feeling (or atleast a hope) that during this war alot of the underrated characters (which is basically everyone other than Sasuke and Naruto lmao) will get to show us what they are really capable of. But knowing Kishi, each character will fight for like 2 seconds, and Naruto and Sasuke will get all the attention like usual lol.
Shuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
Lord Ikimichi
Fighting a loosing battle
Akatsuki Member

Lord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLord Ikimichi is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Lord Ikimichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootDivision_Sai View Post
I can see that, the earth affinity. And i guess he would have multiple elements given his level. I'm just eager to see anything other than taijutsu from him. Not that im bored with that because nothing really quenches the thirst like a nice hand to hand battle but something else would be enjoyable.
He seems like he would have a sort of fighting style like the Rikage. What I mean by that is that he could probably, at his highest level, infuse his affinities into his tiajutsu by having purposeful fire, water, earth kicks or punches. What we saw earlier was fire as a result of his great speed but I would love to see him weave elements into it. That would be freaking awesome.

Keep that pimp hand strong
( Click to show/hide )
Lord Ikimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #10
ItachiUchiha
Sannin

ItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to allItachiUchiha is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to ItachiUchiha

He choosees to use Taijutsu not just because of Lee but that may have been one of the reasons TenTen, Neji, and Lee were given (or chosen) by Guy. The Hyuga clan's byakugan helps with their taijutsu. TenTen doesnt use Jutsu she uses weapons, which arent really jutsu, just a different kind of taijutsu, and lee could only use Taijutsu, so Guy got all of the Taijutsu people simply because his forte is Taijutsu. He chooses to only use it becasue thats his best area of fighting is all.

As for the element I too could see earth style (mainly because we havent really seen many (if not ANY) earth style fighters. and there are so many fire users, Sasuke uses it as well as Lightning, Itachi, Kakashi used a Fireball, Kakuzu showed off more fire than earth, and so forth. So to finally see earth would be nice but apparently Kishi wants Guy and kisame to fight for a third (and probably final) time, so if Guy whips out a Ninjutsu, Fire vs Water is a classic after all, well...fire and Ice... but Fire and Water is close behind it lol. Plus come on, Energy, excitement, alway riled up and ready to go, "the flames of youth" and all that. Grant it Fire is more associated with Anger but still, I see Fire more than Earth. But lets just wait and see for now.

But I do want to see more of the younger generation characters like Hinata, Neji, Lee, Shino, Ino, and that generation (NOT KONOHAMARU!) and some of the Jonin we havent seen much of like Guy, Anko, Ibiki (granted we have seen Guy a time or two and Ibiki once) and the like. because since shippuden started we really havent seen what they've learned except for team Asuma during the Hidan and Kakuzu arc. (Anko was literally seen once for a couple seconds lol) However Asuma didnt really have much abilities, so I'm not expecting more than what we've seen already from these Jonin and the Chunin characters (some are Jonin) because they probably wont have more than the Jonin cast. So dont expect much.

I still think Kishimoto has WAY overpowered Naruto and Sasuke, I mean they already were the strongest like two powerups ago. (dont go DBZ like what did they do in that, Super Saiyan 10 or something? I say this in almost every thread somewhere) Because if they up the Chuunin, Jonin and everything, and ESPECIALLY Naruto and Sasuke, if they up those two anymore their final fight will be too epic, almost cheesy. and the Chunin are about as powerful enough as one would expect from them am I wrong?

www.kamidogu.com - I am Sub-Zero
www.alienvspredator2.com - I am Hunter_Predator
ItachiUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
Bagel
Gennin

Bagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the roughBagel is a jewel in the rough

i mentioned this in a different thread but i have question about gai's genjustu i believe it might only be at 3 because of his defensive prowess against the sharingan and that he most likely has no genjustu skills. i hope he does summon for a good purpose like naruto, sasuke, hanzo, among others have used them in battle. i do not believe he is capable of beating kisame but i would like to see kishi show side characters other skills as well
Bagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
Yuri Zahard
ネジ 日向
Sannin

Yuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYuri Zahard is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
i mentioned this in a different thread but i have question about gai's genjustu i believe it might only be at 3 because of his defensive prowess against the sharingan and that he most likely has no genjustu skills. i hope he does summon for a good purpose like naruto, sasuke, hanzo, among others have used them in battle. i do not believe he is capable of beating kisame but i would like to see kishi show side characters other skills as well
I think he can beat Kisame but totally agree with the rest.
Naruto for example is too stupid to use genjutsu and Gai is also not one of the bright guys. I mean he doesn't even recognize who he is fighting against, i wouldn't wonder if he believe the whole time against Kisame, that he is fighting his inner self.

But I can see him capable of some Ninjutsu like the lightning-kick he used to kill his doppelganger

Btw. He has a contract with the turtles, he is called the green beast... it's obvious, he can summon the Ninja Turtles!

Click the Spoiler!
( Click to show/hide )

Victory!!!
Yuri Zahard is offline   Reply With Quote