Go Back   Island Forums > Island Central > mySI

mySI The forum for official Saiyan Island business!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
DoomTrain
(V) ( ; , , ; ) (V)
S Class Ninja

DoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to DoomTrain Send a message via Yahoo to DoomTrain
Default New Place for SI?

Has anyone ever suggested to Saiyan to drop the forum version of SI and create groups on sites with a bigger collective to sites like Redit / Tumblr / Facebook etc.?

I've seen a handful groups who've hit 30,000-80,000 active members on FB and they start a forum hoping to create a site for whatever reason and the forum gets MAYBE 15 people who join. only for the forum to die completely within a week or two. lol.

I get that these sites don't have as much user control, customizability or profit, but at least they have a deeper reach in users.

I've often thought about creating a nerd culture type page and recruited the mods on this forum because I've always loved em and they were good at what they did. I've joined FB pages that started out with 1000 members and after a few weeks they easily hit 20k.

Every now and then I do get nostalgic and miss the out of this place. BUt I think it's safe to say that Forums are a dying breed.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
KyuubiDemonYoko
Lets break it down!
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

KyuubiDemonYoko has disabled reputation

Well it's not a bad idea I doubt anything like this would happen. Saiyan has shifted focus to the main site being anime and game news which is definitely making him money. My guess the only reason the forum still exists is because everything is paid for and I doubt it cost much to keep it online with it's low traffic.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
darkpitofdoom2
The Black Swordsman
Akatsuki Member

darkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacydarkpitofdoom2 is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I'm up for creating a Facebook group. There's what, about 30 of us left?

When my previous forum (The Pallet Tribune) went down, we made a Facebook group and that's where we keep in touch.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Aqua Grunt Nick
PSN: MasarusLullaby
NNID: AquaGruntNick
darkpitofdoom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #4
KyuubiDemonYoko
Lets break it down!
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

That means I'd actually have to have a FB account though.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Seven
Tokubetsu Jounin

Seven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacySeven is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiDemonYoko View Post
That means I'd actually have to have a FB account though.
same.

( Click to show/hide )
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
Law
Dark Lord
Akatsuki Member

Law is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacyLaw is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I'm part of some facebook group with a few other members from this site that another member made. It rarely gets posted in or used and the only notifications are usually from the name changes it goes through.

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
MrDurp
Jounin

MrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMrDurp is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Facebook groups are the most useful things for anime/game discussion. I'm part of a few and they've been the reason I've started using FB more.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
DoomTrain
(V) ( ; , , ; ) (V)
S Class Ninja

DoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to DoomTrain Send a message via Yahoo to DoomTrain

WHy is everyone hung up on the mention of FB? I get it . I used FB as an EXAMPLE/ but I also mentioned other sites. lol.

Yeah groups is basically why I use FB. The ones I am apart of usually grow like crazy and are always active. I'm not talking about Pages. Pages are wack. lol. Admins have to be on ing point to make a page work (only admins can post on Pages). Groups are where it's at... all you need are some great posters and the admins need to be chill.

But I also mentioned Reddit / Tumblr etc which probably have the same or more traffic than FB. Somewhere. ANYWHERE other than a forum...forums are so dead man.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
KyuubiDemonYoko
Lets break it down!
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomTrain View Post
WHy is everyone hung up on the mention of FB? I get it . I used FB as an EXAMPLE/ but I also mentioned other sites. lol.

Yeah groups is basically why I use FB. The ones I am apart of usually grow like crazy and are always active. I'm not talking about Pages. Pages are wack. lol. Admins have to be on ing point to make a page work (only admins can post on Pages). Groups are where it's at... all you need are some great posters and the admins need to be chill.

But I also mentioned Reddit / Tumblr etc which probably have the same or more traffic than FB. Somewhere. ANYWHERE other than a forum...forums are so dead man.
My comment was directed more at dark than you.

Original comment still stands though. I don't see anything officially happening. Saiyan's entire focus shifted to the main article site. I believe there's a FB page no clue about a actual group.
If anyone wants they are more then welcome to create their own.

Sidenote: I believe JV3 made a discord for SI or was going to.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:22 AM   #10
MD Punk
RMGMDPunk
Kage

MD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Discord always gets my vote, love the shit outta that app.