Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > TV / Movies

TV / Movies Discuss all your favorite non-anime television shows and movies here!

Old 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
War Doctor
The World
Jinchuuriki

War Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Default Batman: The Killing Joke

its becoming a animated Film

possibly gonna be rated R

Mr.J to be voiced by a certain Jedi in this film

release in 2016

there will be a 15 minute prologue
Old 10-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
DragonOfHades
Not Active
S Class Ninja

DragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDragonOfHades is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I'm really interested in it, I've heard so much about The Killing Joke. Would this be their first R rated DC film?
Well animated at least, if the rating gets approved. Last animated films I've seen were both parts of The Dark Knight Returns and loved em.
DragonOfHades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Electrorocket
High Quality Poster
S Class Ninja

Electrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

For real!? Wow, I'm definitely excited for this one.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
Reignwulf1029
Sannin

Reignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Dont know why but was expecting something different visually, thankfully though the if they stay true to the source material the content should be great.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #5
War Doctor
The World
Jinchuuriki

War Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

The movie is out online while the physical copy (Bluray/DVD) don't come out until next week.

Watched it...

Starts a tiny slow and somewhat reasonable but once joker steps into the plot, it's a thrilling movie

Also some reviewers & movie critics are getting fussy over 1 certain part of the film.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #6
Kitten
Moderatrix
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

Pros: *Kevin Conroy and Mark Harmill reprise their roles.
*After the filler scenes at the beginning, it's heavily like the comic.
*Mostly everything about The Joker
*The action

Cons: *In a poor effort to make Barbara more than a plot device, and to make her more sympathetic to the audience, the extra screen time given to her was used on an out-of-place romantic relationship with Bruce. Once the "stuffed in a fridge" trope happened, there was virtually no focus on her.
*The rooftop scene was both cringeworthy and funny. Who knew Batsuits came off like regular clothes?

Overall, I'd recommend Assault on Arkham over this movie, but it wasn't bad...
Old 07-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #7
Electrorocket
High Quality Poster
S Class Ninja

Electrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacyElectrorocket is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Haven't seen the movie yet, but from what I gather, the first 30-45 minutes are basically filler, with a controversial scene(s) even for this story, which itself has controversial stuff in it to begin with.

When I do get my hands on this movie, I'm going to skip to where the comic actually began. I'm hoping that part is as faithful as the creators could get it to be, I enjoyed the comic so much, it would be painful to see something extremely off-course from the original... Although I guess general additions wouldn't be too bad as long as it doesn't change a specific scenes actions.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #8
Kitten
Moderatrix
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

Since you enjoyed the comic, you'll definitely enjoy everything after the filler... it's very faithful...
Old 07-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #9
War Doctor
The World
Jinchuuriki

I feel that the guys in charge of Producing this film should have asked the actual author of The Killing Joke to write The "added content" since it was his story of The Joker's Origin and the Creation of Barbara's Path to becoming Oracle.

Cause Then this film would be a full fun ride, instead of waiting for Joker to appear and make the film fun and faithful.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:20 AM   #10
Reignwulf1029
Sannin

Reignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacyReignwulf1029 is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I thought they were trying to draw parallels of Franz/Batgirl with Batman/Joker and if that was indeed the case they made a very poor effort of it. Batgirl comes off very badly in all the added content i'd have preferred they left all that other stuff out then drag her character through the mud like that.
Gotta love that Joke at the end though with the two escaped convicts though lol.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:56 AM   #11
Electrorocket
High Quality Poster
S Class Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignwulf1029 View Post
Gotta love that Joke at the end though with the two escaped convicts though lol.
The first time I read that joke I legitimately laughed out loud for a good 30 or so seconds, the Joker really made me laugh through a comic book.

Now that I get to hear it, from Mark Hamill of all people, even knowing that it was coming, I still laughed...

Joker is f*cking groovy in this story and that ending was really the main part I wanted to see, and it's awesome. Mark Hamill is so freaking amazing as the Joker which puts more icing on the Joker themed cake.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #12
Ki96Sensei
Gennin

Ki96Sensei is on a distinguished road

The firts time i see a recent Batman Movie i almost fell asleep, much better the old movies
Ki96Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:49 PM   #13
AdemMarten
Academy Student

AdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond reputeAdemMarten has a reputation beyond repute

I found myself superb this animated series conveys the dark mood of the original Batman that will more than tide you over until the Dark Knight rises in cinemas again also Batman Series Jackets & outfits i found at samishleather shop!
AdemMarten is offline   Reply With Quote