Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > Other Anime

Other Anime Talk about your other favorite anime series here!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Default HUGEST Character Change

You ever watch an anime and think you totally have a grasp on one of the characters, then suddenly, they just turn into another person on you?

I have. Plenty of times. And it got me thinking: What's the biggest character change in anime?

It's quite the question when you think about it. I mean, have you honestly just sat there and went "woah, that's not the same guy." Because, I know I have. And it sucks.

Although, sometimes, it can be an improvement upon a character. You'd be like "this character is so annoying" then later you're all like "woah, would've never guessed he was the rapist." And it would make them a much more understood and respected character. And don't worry, I won't judge you for respecting a rapist.

So, I ask, what's the HUGEST character change you've seen?

For me, it would be Train Heartnet from Black Cat. His change wasn't even steady, it just . . . happened. From being a quiet shadow of a killer to being a loud-mouthed cat of a bounty hunter.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Nyz
Intelligent Dumb Ass
ANBU Member

Nyz has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyz

I Guess I would have to go with Vegeta he went from big bad sayian to lovable father lulz.

~ Sitting On My Throne Where Else Would I Be? ~
Nyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyz View Post
I Guess I would have to go with Vegeta he went from big bad sayian to lovable father lulz.
Not much changed about his personality though, lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Keon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

tsuna from reborn went from middle school wimp to japanese gangster bad a$$

-Bang Shishigami
Keon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
LoneUchiha
Gennin

LoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond reputeLoneUchiha has a reputation beyond repute

When Ace went from wanting to kill Luffy to willing to risk his life for him (One Piece)
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
solorflare99
[color=#e9e9e9][/color]
Kage

solorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacysolorflare99 is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Gaara
went from Insane bloodlust psycho hated by every body that loves only his own self to Calm collective Noble honest leader loved by most who would do anything for village and his friends

Look at my profile pic and sig
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Kitten
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

Aizen... he changed everything about himself, including his appearance... he had everyone fooled...

Also Gaara... but that's great character development on Kishi's part...

( Click to show/hide )
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Jin Fumei
Being Evil feels so Goood
Akatsuki Member

Jin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Tobi went from shit-silly to AIDS-serious. Even though this isn't the biggest change and a pseudo persona, I still like it. I just never got that when he changed his demeanor in front of Naruto and company, no one said "oh damn, SHIT JUST GOT REAL !"

I guess I have time... to KILL!
Jin Fumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneUchiha View Post
When Ace went from wanting to kill Luffy to willing to risk his life for him (One Piece)
. . . Uh . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorflare99 View Post
Gaara
went from Insane bloodlust psycho hated by every body that loves only his own self to Calm collective Noble honest leader loved by most who would do anything for village and his friends

Gaara's change was quite something. He even decided to start wearing long sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Aizen... he changed everything about himself, including his appearance... he had everyone fooled...

I think Aizen is why I stopped following Bleach, coincidentally enough . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow66 View Post
Tobi went from shit-silly to AIDS-serious. Even though this isn't the biggest change and a pseudo persona, I still like it. I just never got that when he changed his demeanor in front of Naruto and company, no one said "oh damn, SHIT JUST GOT REAL !"
Mind was blown in that moment. I seriously never saw him being the main villain. Especially with the way he joined.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
HOLLOW UCHIHA
Sannin

HOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond reputeHOLLOW UCHIHA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Pond View Post
Not much changed about his personality though, lol.
toy agree he seemed the same although when he went manjin and explained how he wantd to go back to evil you kind of realise he did change quite abit

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorflare99 View Post
Gaara

yes have to agree although on gaara what a change in character....i do preffer kazekage gaara to psycho....

As for me hmmmm i may have to go with

my first thought was sasuke when he stabbed karin...evem i was like wow and then left her there to die...then asked sakura to kill her i was just yeah your officially a villian lol....

When aizen lost his power amd was being sealed and just lost it all shouting i was just like wow thats out of character...but i guess he realised he actually lost

Cant think of anymore atm will get back at it....
Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
Sojiro
The Shota Trap
S Class Ninja

Sojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacySojiro is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Sojiro Send a message via Yahoo to Sojiro

Hugest,

must be pretty big

I'd have to say Nagato Yuki in the Disappearance movie.
Sojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
Mayuri
Gennin

Mayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the roughMayuri is a jewel in the rough

Yakushi Kabuto. He was like an expendable pawn at the start then now..Mother of God
Mayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Onomatopoeia
Love Sofa
S Class Ninja

Onomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I don't remember exactly, but if my hazy memory serves me right then Hiei from the YYH anime is a candidate. I believe he began the crazed/arrogant type when he was a villain, then for no real reason changed into your typical "quiet bishonen."
Onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
Onomatopoeia
Love Sofa
S Class Ninja

Onomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Evil post-count... Begone!
Onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
Kengen
God of Sexiness
Akatsuki Member

Kengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Kengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post

This. Both amazing turn arounds.

Danke Toast!
Kengen is offline   Reply With Quote