Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball The debates of Goku and friends from the legendary Dragon Ball series go here!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #16
Tyler
S Class Ninja

Tyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacyTyler is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I will never watch dbz in jap, gokus voice is the single most annoying one i've ever come across.

Plus i grew up watching the dub so i don't see a reason too.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #17
Monkey D luffy
Tokubetsu Jounin

Monkey D luffy has disabled reputation

I must be the only one that watch japanese version xD
Monkey D luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
.Lucian.
Delivery God
S Class Ninja

.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.Lucian. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I will never watch dbz in jap, gokus voice is the single most annoying one i've ever come across.

Plus i grew up watching the dub so i don't see a reason too.
agreed

( Click to show/hide )
.Lucian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Zeno
King Of The Seven Seas
S Class Ninja

Zeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D luffy View Post
Lol I tried it but it's just to different. I grew up with all tge English voices and hearing that high voice they gave goku just hurts
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Keon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
i watched it in jap because english had bad vid quality so i got used to both sub & dub but i prefer dub for music & audio and i prefer sub because its more adult so im in between

-Bang Shishigami
Keon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #21
Son_Kun
Gennin

Son_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really nice

Quote:
You're not alone. The American dub is one of the worst dubs in anime history. It's not because the acting is horrible(it's ok), or it's generic B-movie BGM, it's their terrible dialog.

There's one scene, after Trunk and Vegeta leave the HB Time chamber, and Bulma is there. They start talking about Trunks and Vegeta's hair, then Goku.

"Yeah, but I wish I could something about these spit ends." "Try Shampoo." Are you kidding me! These type of lines are what killed the Funi's dub for me, and they are all over the dang series. But, to each his own I guess.

Anywho, I have also been re-watching the series and loving it. Although I am having a little problem with all fillers.(Bulma's and Ginyu's story on Namek, come on.)
Son_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #22
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Keon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_Kun View Post
You're not alone. The American dub is one of the worst dubs in anime history. It's not because the acting is horrible(it's ok), or it's generic B-movie BGM, it's their terrible dialog.

There's one scene, after Trunk and Vegeta leave the HB Time chamber, and Bulma is there. They start talking about Trunks and Vegeta's hair, then Goku.

"Yeah, but I wish I could something about these spit ends." "Try Shampoo." Are you kidding me! These type of lines are what killed the Funi's dub for me, and they are all over the dang series. But, to each his own I guess.

Anywho, I have also been re-watching the series and loving it. Although I am having a little problem with all fillers.(Bulma's and Ginyu's story on Namek, come on.)
you need DBZ abridged its like dubs but funnier and it still has the same general plot of dbz but its hilarious and dbz makes filler enjoyable especially with popo's filler

-Bang Shishigami
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #23
Blood Uchiha
MS God
Sannin

Blood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

hmm jap makes goku seem like he is sucking on helium his voice so high even though
he is a grown man its horrible

i grew up on the english dub and its prob gonna stay like that

( Click to show/hide )
Sig Made By John

PSN:Reeseih8
Blood Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
IzzSmo
Chuunin

IzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of lightIzzSmo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Uchiha View Post
hmm jap makes goku seem like he is sucking on helium his voice so high even though

Yeah, i couldnt adjust to the Japanese voices. For the translations, it doesnt really bother me, probably for the fact that i wanna see some ass kicking.
IzzSmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
Son_Kun
Gennin

Son_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really niceSon_Kun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon View Post
you need DBZ abridged its like dubs but funnier and it still has the same general plot of dbz but its hilarious and dbz makes filler enjoyable especially with popo's filler
I have seen it.... .. . .And it's Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Uchiha View Post

I think a lot of Japanese people would be in the same boat as you if they didn't see Dragon Ball first. DB eased viewers in with Adult Goku voice, and I think after DB people were use to his Adult ver. voice.

As for liking the English dub, I think as long as you enjoy it, then that's cool.
Son_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_Kun View Post
I have seen it.... .. . .And it's Awesome!!

I think a lot of Japanese people would be in the same boat as you if they didn't see Dragon Ball first. DB eased viewers in with Adult Goku voice, and I think after DB people were use to his Adult ver. voice.

As for liking the English dub, I think as long as you enjoy it, then that's cool.
they need to redo the origional series with the abridged cast so we can even have the canon with abridged voices but they don't have to replace everyone voice actor for vegeta/picclo & goku stays but they need abridged guru,napa,freiza,krillen,&popo in the redone voice cast

-Bang Shishigami
Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Shaggy
Hangovers Suck
S Class Ninja

Shaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUMShaggy 's power is MAXIMUM

I'm currently re watching dbz right now. i'm watching Goten vs Trunks

Sig made by Nao
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #28
jacky
Academy Student

jacky is on a distinguished road

There are many Shonen manga that are quickly forgotten. Dragon Ball, on the other hand, is impossible to forget and continues to appeal to the young boys (and girls) that are now young adults. And I used to watch this scene repeatedly on my bootleg Cantonese VHS tapes. Amazingly, it's still amazing.
jacky is offline   Reply With Quote