Go Back   Island Forums > Anime / Manga Harbor > Other Manga

Other Manga Talk about your other favorite manga series here!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
Sadhbh
SI Yonkō
ANBU Member

Sadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdog14 View Post
nope the anime ended after yoshi beat the guy that killed gen and his brother saved him and the left that place that was falling apart
ur making me wiki stuff now, (fyi i didnt mean right when he died but close but i was just guessing)ill brb with answers!!

Also Antdog u didnt know there was a manga, for shame the majority of anime either have a manga or light novel that they are based on. ANd even original animes spawn a manga if they are popular so there is normally always a manga
Sadhbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Antdog
Happy Holloween
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Antdog has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendals654 View Post
ya so there was like 200 chapters left lol or more
wait they kept going,looks like i gotta read the manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadhbh View Post
ur making me wiki stuff now, (fyi i didnt mean right when he died but close but i was just guessing)ill brb with answers!!

Also Antdog u didnt know there was a manga, for shame the majority of anime either have a manga or light novel that they are based on. ANd even original animes spawn a manga if they are popular so there is normally always a manga
lol growing up i always thought they just came up with thee ideas for tv shows,i didn't know manga existed till early last year

( Click to show/hide )

Antdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Nao_Chan
C i e n F l e u r
S Class Ninja

Nao_Chan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadhbh View Post
I havent watched the anime but i believe it ended when
( Click to show/hide )
Gin died in the manga
SO there is a lot of stuff after that point like around another 150 chapters at least (as guessing its been a year since it ended and i dont remember the chapter number as it wouldve been at least 2years further back)

I think its a safe guess that u missed alot watching the anime, like how FMA missed most of the actual manga story and had to redo the different series (as all my manga loving bones ache at animes not following the original story) Tho i would like someones verdict that watched and read both.

If i remember right the other bros love interest we didnt get any confirmation on them at the end either...so thats ok with me it means the author didnt want to make a lovey dovey ending to his manga. As long as there consistant i dont mind some authors plot decisions.
Well, damn. Lol. Guess I'mma have to get on that after I finish off my anime list. xD And, I can't exactly remember, but I know for a fact that the anime went on a little bit longer after Gen died. Yoshi went after what's-his-face and stuff. It was pretty epic.

Thank you, Lunario, dear. <3
Nao_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Sadhbh
SI Yonkō
ANBU Member

Sadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faithSadhbh is a guardian of faith

Information for everyone !!!

Every 3 chapters was turned into 1 ep of the anime (so there might or might not be parts left out)

121: Slap - ビンタ, "Binta" (Episode 52) Is were the series ends for the anime but as u see its the 121/345 when compared to the manga. Also im not sure if the anime follows the manga directly.

The anime skips chapters 15-19 (these were not made into eps) Also it seems that the anime went wild on the eps were ep10 was manga chapter 7 and 9 was chapter 6 which is weird (remember every 3 chapters so this should be anime ep 3 not 10)....lets just say there is a lot of changes to the order of the chapters by the anime

Edit just watched the last 1minute of ep 51 and it looks like how it ended in chapter 118. So thats a good thing that it looks like it was pretty true to the manga (for the 4mins i watch ahaha)
Sadhbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #20
wendals654
Jounin

wendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond reputewendals654 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdog14 View Post
wait they kept going,looks like i gotta read the manga

lol growing up i always thought they just came up with thee ideas for tv shows,i didn't know manga existed till early last year
you joined this forum in 2009 how the hell could you not know about mangas back then when everyone talking about naruto manga lol

Yes. I can FLYYYYYYYY.
( Click to show/hide )
wendals654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Kizuna
你是我的朋友
S Class Ninja

Kizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond reputeKizuna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the manga continues off from that point (now complete).
It was awesomeeeeeeeee. loved Kekkaishi.

Animes usually end when there isn't enough fan support, so they'll stop at the last time the villain is defeated
Kizuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Antdog
Happy Holloween
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Antdog has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendals654 View Post
you joined this forum in 2009 how the hell could you not know about mangas back then when everyone talking about naruto manga lol
lol well i made my account in 09 but lost the password and forgot all about SI,then i randomly found SI in early 11 and remembered my password so i started coming here in 2011

( Click to show/hide )

Antdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
Mangekyo death
Gennin

Mangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant futureMangekyo death has a brilliant future

Great series....Can't say the same about the ending....
Old 04-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
Jin Fumei
Being Evil feels so Goood
Kage

Jin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacyJin Fumei is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Would've liked to see Musou animated and Yoshi's fight when he use Ultimate Musou.

I guess I have time... to KILL!
Jin Fumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
Asakura Yoh
~The Shaman King~
Sannin

Asakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUMAsakura Yoh 's power is MAXIMUM

I liked the manga, but the ending could have been better.

At the end I was not satisfied.

Yoshi's mother was shown to be too powerful and mysterious. It would have been better if the story about Yoshi's mother and Tokine's father was made a bit clearer. There was some need to show some more about her. Tokimori (the first Kekkaishi sorry if I got the name wrong, had an interesting character at the beginning but by the end the character devolopment went bad
( Click to show/hide )
Even if it was shown that it was his mistake maybe they could have shown him a little useful at the end

( Click to show/hide )
I would have liked it if instead of Yoshi's mother staying inside the Karasumori's resting place Tokimori should have stayed, even though he was just an after image, Yoshimori gave him a body in that world so it could have been possible to show that Tokimori stayed and sent his mother back and was finally useful in the end.

Also, I read the whole manga in just a week and a long time ago so I don't remember much but the story aroud Yoshimori's brother ended in a good way.