Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > Game Zone

Game Zone Talk about all your favorite video games here... from Mario to GTA to Halo and beyond!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
BipolarJugo
Gennin

BipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura about
Default Playstation all star battle royal

So just read something on G4 about Sony registering a domain name for this game which is supposedly sony's version of super smash brothers. So I was just curious as to who you think should be in this?

So far there's a pic of sack boy, Kratos, and Nathan drake looking like they're about to go at it. But personally I'd like to see some of the old school playstation RPG peeps in it... Such as
-Dart (LOD)
-Serge (Chrono Cross)
Even though those are a long shot, being more realistic they'll probably include
-Sly Cooper
-Kazuya from Tekken
-The guy from resistance (and possibly a chimera?)
- and maybe someone from valkyria

I'm at work right now so I'll see if I can upload the pic and article when I get home
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
pjca
Super Duper High School ?
S Class Ninja

pjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacypjca is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Thats some old news...
i think there is a pic of Sweet Tooth model in the game...
Just google it

pjca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
BipolarJugo
Gennin

BipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura aboutBipolarJugo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjca View Post
Thats some old news...
i think there is a pic of Sweet Tooth model in the game...
Just google it
I maybe a little slow on finding out bout it but I was mostly curious on who everyone would like to see in it
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
F4r0_Atak
Tokubetsu Jounin

F4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUMF4r0_Atak 's power is MAXIMUM
Talking Playstation All-Star Battle Royale... details out.

For those who might have seen it... I want to hear what you have to say. I've seen the screenshots and gameplay footage, it does seem to have potential to be a crazy fun brawler. Unlike Nintendo's version Super Smash Bros. (which is a gorgeous game), ASBR looks like it will need a great amount of polish before release, especially with a 2012 release window. The environments look neat and detailed but the characters... jeez... they look like having a inch of wax/soft plastic on them, especially on cell-shaded characters (looking at Sly... eyes rolling... sigh). Being a Playstation fan but also as a Video game & Nintendo/Smash Bros fan, I believe this game's success will be proportional to how well it plays, the extensiveness of the characters' cast and the importance accorded to details/textures. Also, knowing that we could have some 3rd party characters in-game is great to hear... but which characters will they pick among them?

Like the TMNT smash game on Wii (yes, there was already a Smash Bros. rip-off before this idea even came to fruition), PASBR will be a heavily Smash Bros inspired title with Sony-owned characters and maybe some 3rds. Reaching from a 12 to 25 possible fighters... I can't wait to see what could be featured in the game.

Potential fighters: (bold blue means featured in gameplay footage)

Sly(obviously)
Murray (heavy fighter)
Panda King (fire user... ryu/dhalsim style)
Ratchet
Clank
Qwark (heavy/scared fighter)
Alister Azimuth (veteran soldier)
Sweet Tooth
Kratos
Deimos (Kratos' brother)
Fat Princess (pink)
Jak (legendary warrior)
Daxter
Nathan Drake (unknown past)
Colonel Radec
Parapa the Rapper
Cole Mcgrath (super hero)
Sackboy (puppet boy/girl)
Chimera soldier (resistance)
Nathan Hale *infected/normal (R.I.P)
Wander (From Shadow of the Colossus... wait he's gonna come as a free DLC in late 2013... XD)

links

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...-this-holiday/
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...v/152#comments

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by F4r0_Atak; 04-26-2012 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: updates! ver 1.2 (added potential characters)
F4r0_Atak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
BronyBaby
Yours Truuuuuuuly
Akatsuki Member

BronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Skype™ to BronyBaby

haven't heard anything about it.... what is it? SUMWUN TELLZ UZZ PLZZZ

BronyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Senrex
☯☯☯
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Senrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacySenrex is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via ICQ to Senrex Send a message via AIM to Senrex Send a message via Yahoo to Senrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronyBaby View Post
http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/27/play...unced-on-gttv/
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
T_T
SPIDEY
Akatsuki Member

T_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronyBaby View Post
Its like Super Smash Bros except Sony characters
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
Kitten
Amazon...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

I've heard about it, and there's actually already a thread here about it, but I thought it was just a rumor... So is it real or not? If it's real, please provide a link... I'm sure people would love to see vids and/or screenshots...

EDIT: Nevermind... and thanks...

Also Brawl is epic...

( Click to show/hide )
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
madara62110
SI's lil asstart
S Class Ninja

madara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacymadara62110 is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

That looks freakin nipples! Me wants!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Nao_Chan
C i e n F l e u r
S Class Ninja

Nao_Chan has disabled reputation

This looks promising.

Thank you, Lunario, dear. <3
Nao_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
BronyBaby
Yours Truuuuuuuly
Akatsuki Member

BronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Skype™ to BronyBaby

wow. this looks great. Kratos? Definitely getting.

BronyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
T_T
SPIDEY
Akatsuki Member

T_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
I've heard about it, and there's actually already a thread here about it, but I thought it was just a rumor... So is it real or not? If it's real, please provide a link... I'm sure people would love to see vids and/or screenshots...

EDIT: Nevermind... and thanks...

Also Brawl is epic...
I honestly dont think it will do better than Super Smash Bros
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
Kitten
Amazon...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

I also don't think it'll be better (in sales and in gameplay), but it could be either pretty close or just as good if they execute it correctly... I'm a huge Nintendo fan so this game's roster and music won't quite live up to theirs, in my opinion... but again, it could be as good or at least pretty close...

Regardless, I'm hyped about this game simply because it's like Smash Bros but with different characters and whatnot lol...

Anyways... here's a vid:

( Click to show/hide )
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #14
Shiba Tatsuki
Tokubetsu Jounin

Shiba Tatsuki has disabled reputation

I announced this shit months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba Tatsuki View Post
The game in the link below will be better. I hope. xD

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011...-gale-network/
Fuuck yeah Sony! This game will be the shit. The title sucks ass though and needs to be shortened or changed.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #15
Celtic
Best in the World
Kage

Celtic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary statusCeltic is nearing legendary status
Send a message via AIM to Celtic Send a message via Skype™ to Celtic

....If I see a 360 game based like this.. I swear the companies are losing ideas..

But really why make it so similar to SSB..
But other than that, this will be the 3rd game I'll be trying once I get a PS3.. but really..