Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > Game Zone

Game Zone Talk about all your favorite video games here... from Mario to GTA to Halo and beyond!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Monty has disabled reputation
Default Capture Card

Best Capture Card for Xbox at cheap price (90$-115$)

Anybody got any ideas?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Evil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Evil_Gaara

A Dazzle or EasyCap are your best options, but they won't have amazing quality (if by Xbox you mean 360). You will probably need some help with using them to their best potential too. Also make sure you have a decent powered PC with a lot of room in your hard drive or else everything is just going to fall apart.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Gaara View Post
A Dazzle or EasyCap are your best options, but they won't have amazing quality (if by Xbox you mean 360). You will probably need some help with using them to their best potential too. Also make sure you have a decent powered PC with a lot of room in your hard drive or else everything is just going to fall apart.
See I read about a CC called a BlitzBox. Its a little high-priced but it also came with a voice recorder. Do you know anything about that?

Also I have an HD PVR. But it only records in black and white so I dont know what to do about that. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Evil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacyEvil_Gaara is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
See I read about a CC called a BlitzBox. Its a little high-priced but it also came with a voice recorder. Do you know anything about that?

Also I have an HD PVR. But it only records in black and white so I dont know what to do about that. Any suggestions?
Never heard anything about a BlitzBox though it coming with a Voice Recorder shouldn't sell you. Audicity is a great program and it's free.

I'm not sure why your hd PVR isn't working though. I have one and it has great quality recording.

Are you plugging it in through the front or the back? Are you using the program that comes with it? (that's the only way I can get it to record).
Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Yeah, the quality is pretty sick. Its just black and white.

My mom threw away the box and the CD was in it and so I had to download a torrent program :/

And there isn't any plugs in the front, so it my be the generation I guess? If they have multiple types I might've just got the cheap one, or the torrents off...I dont know though.

But yeah check out the Blitzbox. It's supposed to have good recording and what audacity program do you use...Sound Recorder? Lol, I tried doing a Pokemon walkthrough and the sound quality was awful..
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
BronyBaby
Yours Truuuuuuuly
Akatsuki Member

BronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBronyBaby is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via Skype™ to BronyBaby

Whats the best for PS3, I have at least 350$ to spend

BronyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Quote:
Yeah, the quality is pretty sick. Its just black and white.

My mom threw away the box and the CD was in it and so I had to download a torrent program :/

And there isn't any plugs in the front, so it my be the generation I guess? If they have multiple types I might've just got the cheap one, or the torrents off...I dont know though.

But yeah check out the Blitzbox. It's supposed to have good recording and what audacity program do you use...Sound Recorder? Lol, I tried doing a Pokemon walkthrough and the sound quality was awful..
That sucks... =/

Yeah, mine has four plugs in the front with the usually Red White Yellow, and S-video. the back has White, Two Reds, Blue, and Green for the 1080p quality stuff. My only problem is that it records in a format that my video editor won't take. I need something like Sony Vegas or Pinnical (I have Pinnical, but I hate the program) to edit my voice in.

The Blitzbox Voice recorder thing records the voice with the video. It helps with making sure you don't have to mess with it much, however if your video goes out of desync so will your voice and that makes the video more awful then when the game is just out of desync. That' my opinion though. Check it out if you want.

All of my videos are recorded with audacity (just my voice) besides Minecraft, Fallout 3, and MMX and they are just fine in sound. It's possible the mic you were using wasn't that good.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Quote:
That sucks... =/

Yeah, mine has four plugs in the front with the usually Red White Yellow, and S-video. the back has White, Two Reds, Blue, and Green for the 1080p quality stuff. My only problem is that it records in a format that my video editor won't take. I need something like Sony Vegas or Pinnical (I have Pinnical, but I hate the program) to edit my voice in.

The Blitzbox Voice recorder thing records the voice with the video. It helps with making sure you don't have to mess with it much, however if your video goes out of desync so will your voice and that makes the video more awful then when the game is just out of desync. That' my opinion though. Check it out if you want.

All of my videos are recorded with audacity (just my voice) besides Minecraft, Fallout 3, and MMX and they are just fine in sound. It's possible the mic you were using wasn't that good.
When you say "just the voice" do you mean like through some kinda program?? or is there some way it lets you do it while playing the game?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Quote:
When you say "just the voice" do you mean like through some kinda program?? or is there some way it lets you do it while playing the game?
???

When I said just my voice I meant I don't try to record the audio from the game with audacity. I only use it to record my voice. If you try to record both game sound and voices you are going to need a mixer that let's you record off of the computer sound (which some computers don't let you).
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Quote:
???

When I said just my voice I meant I don't try to record the audio from the game with audacity. I only use it to record my voice. If you try to record both game sound and voices you are going to need a mixer that let's you record off of the computer sound (which some computers don't let you).
LOL

Ok, I got it now...

Well thank you for the help, I appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
Evil_Gaara
Leo!
Super Saiyan

Quote:
LOL

Ok, I got it now...

Well thank you for the help, I appreciate it.
No problem. if you need help with anything just ask. I do this kind of stuff all the time so It's almost second nature lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Monty
The Jolt
Sannin

Quote:
No problem. if you need help with anything just ask. I do this kind of stuff all the time so It's almost second nature lol.
Good stuff...I'll subscribe