Go Back   Island Forums > Naruto Village > Leaf Library

Leaf Library Walk in and discuss the greatness known as the Naruto manga.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #166
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

My take is slighty different than everybody's, strangely enough.

Sasuke is still in the midst of his own choice. He hasn't destroyed Konoha yet and his crimes are not of importance at the moment. He had a choice in tracking down Naruto and following Itachi and he continued to follow Itachi, even through the blatantly obvious fact that Itachi didn't want him to follow. Now, he's fighting a battle with his brother unnecessarily. All the while, asking questions to Itachi.

So what is it all about? Sasuke still hasn't truly decided that he will destroy Konoha.

Sure, he's said it, but he can't exactly back up such a claim in an instant. He still has his doubts about the entire thing. I'm sure he still has doubts about Tobi's version of the story. Before he does something like kill someone he considered his best friend, he wants to know that it's the right decision, much like killing Itachi ended up being the wrong decision.

He's still searching for the complete truth of what happened. He was searching for it when he fought Danzo. He was searching for it upon stepping out into the war. He saw Itachi and finally had it: someone who could answer all of his questions.

If he really does talk with Itachi, he'll more than likely still fight Naruto. But it won't be to destroy Konoha, it'll be to see who's will is strong. No doubt it'll be a calmer, more collected Sasuke vs. a calmer, more focused Naruto.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #167
eliteplayer50
Gennin

eliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really nice

naruto was good back in the day with all thoses sick fights from zabuza vskakashi, the chunnin exams, third hokage battle, garra battle, first time naruto used rasagan, sound 5battles, the sannin battle and naruto v sasuke you could say naruto was fresh than now it just random chapters with no interesting stories
Old 04-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #168
Jowaketema
The Door To Light!
S Class Ninja

Jowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary statusJowaketema is nearing legendary status
Send a message via AIM to Jowaketema Send a message via MSN to Jowaketema Send a message via Skype™ to Jowaketema

You never know. Naruto might have a few tricks up his sleeves that he might know and might not know.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #169
eliteplayer50
Gennin

eliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really nice

I hope so time will only tell if only the creator could have a break and plan out his story like what kubo who creates bleach had done recently and look at the results his manga has gathered interest and has good planning am looking forward to more
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #170
Young Master
Heavenly Demon
Akatsuki Member

Young Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacyYoung Master is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteplayer50 View Post
naruto was good back in the day with all thoses sick fights from zabuza vskakashi, the chunnin exams, third hokage battle, garra battle, first time naruto used rasagan, sound 5battles, the sannin battle and naruto v sasuke you could say naruto was fresh than now it just random chapters with no interesting stories
i agree completely.
shippuden doesnt draw me in like the original series did.

( Click to show/hide )
( Click to show/hide )
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #171
bertjor
The Lord of Spiderwebs
Sannin

bertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacybertjor is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Since this is a crucial chapters, I would hate for the debate to die out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Pond View Post
My take is slighty different than everybody's, strangely enough.
And we love ye for it

Quote:
Sasuke is still in the midst of his own choice. He hasn't destroyed Konoha yet and his crimes are not of importance at the moment. He had a choice in tracking down Naruto and following Itachi and he continued to follow Itachi, even through the blatantly obvious fact that Itachi didn't want him to follow. Now, he's fighting a battle with his brother unnecessarily. All the while, asking questions to Itachi.

So what is it all about? Sasuke still hasn't truly decided that he will destroy Konoha.
The manga scans, dare I say, speak otherwise. His determination was solid, and the questions that he asked Itachi had no bearing on the uncertainty of his decision. In fact, Itachi himself said that Sasuke spoke with conviction.

Quote:
Sure, he's said it, but he can't exactly back up such a claim in an instant. He still has his doubts about the entire thing. I'm sure he still has doubts about Tobi's version of the story. Before he does something like kill someone he considered his best friend, he wants to know that it's the right decision, much like killing Itachi ended up being the wrong decision.
I do think that he has doubts about Tobi's version of events, but not about what happened to Itachi. That was itself confirmed by Danzo, and any lingering doubt removed.

But honestly, I cannot image Sasuke not having at least a bit of resentment towards tobi. After all, he did help Itachi, willingly, for the sake of his own hatred for the Uchiha, in their demise.

Quote:
He's still searching for the complete truth of what happened. He was searching for it when he fought Danzo. He was searching for it upon stepping out into the war. He saw Itachi and finally had it: someone who could answer all of his questions.
But the question is not whether I want to destroy Konoha, the question was, why am I alive, or in essence, why am I on the path of destruction of Konoha? You could say that signifies doubt, however, him not having doubts is a plausible, if not probable interpretation, given what was said. Possibly, with more information, we will have more insight.

Quote:
If he really does talk with Itachi, he'll more than likely still fight Naruto. But it won't be to destroy Konoha, it'll be to see who's will is strong. No doubt it'll be a calmer, more collected Sasuke vs. a calmer, more focused Naruto.
Possibly, but I think he will have a more objective, more deterministic view on their fight.
Closed Thread