Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > TV / Movies

TV / Movies Discuss all your favorite non-anime television shows and movies here!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
senrinami
The goddess has awakened.
Chuunin

senrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary status
Default "Wicked" anyone? :D

I know that this is the wrong section to talk about it, but who has seen the play "Wicked?" OMG I cannot express how good the play is! I saw it today and I absolutely LOVE it! I even want to read the book now because I missed a certain point in the play. WAAAAA!!! If anyone has seen the play and would like to talk about it, posts are more than welcomed!

-senrinami
senrinami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Kitten
The Witch of Rarity...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

I liked it... I saw it at the Pantages Theatre awhile back... The Popular song was kinda catchy IMO...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
senrinami
Chuunin

senrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary statussenrinami is nearing legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
I liked it... I saw it at the Pantages Theatre awhile back... The Popular song was kinda catchy IMO...
Lol Glinda was quite a hoot throughout the play. But the song "I'm Not That Girl" is very sad What other things did you like about the play?

-senrinami
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Gan2205
Don't Blink!
Tokubetsu Jounin

Gan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud of

I saw it last Summer and I fell in love with it. It's become my favourite musical ever! Everything was brilliant about it, the characters, the plot, the songs, EVERYTHING!!!
Where did you see it? America or England or somewhere else?

My favourite song is either No one mourns the Wicked or No Good Deed, although it's a hard choice since I love them all and Popular always gets me cracking up. I liked the Wicked Witch of the East song too.

What certain point of the play did you miss?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Nao_Chan
C i e n F l e u r
S Class Ninja

Nao_Chan has disabled reputation

Y'know, I've never seen the play. I have the book though, and I love it. It's definitely number one on my list of fav books. People used to talk about the play when I was in high school. From what I've heard, it's pretty epic. I would really like to see it in the future.

Thank you, Lunario, dear. <3
Nao_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
senrinami
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan2205 View Post
I saw it last Summer and I fell in love with it. It's become my favourite musical ever! Everything was brilliant about it, the characters, the plot, the songs, EVERYTHING!!!
Where did you see it? America or England or somewhere else?

My favourite song is either No one mourns the Wicked or No Good Deed, although it's a hard choice since I love them all and Popular always gets me cracking up. I liked the Wicked Witch of the East song too.

What certain point of the play did you miss?
In the U.S. The point I missed in the play was were the witches were summoned by the Wizard if Oz and they made Elphaba read a spell and she refused to do something (and don't worry, I found out why and I plan on reading the book in the near future).

-senrinami
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Gan2205
Don't Blink!
Tokubetsu Jounin

Gan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud ofGan2205 has much to be proud of

Quote:
In the U.S. The point I missed in the play was were the witches were summoned by the Wizard if Oz and they made Elphaba read a spell and she refused to do something (and don't worry, I found out why and I plan on reading the book in the near future).
Oh cool, I saw the UK version. The current Elphaba, Rachel Tucker, is the best Elphaba in my opinion, she's just incredible.

Oh that's a pretty important part XD I loved the monkeys, they were so creepy and well choreographed
Old 04-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
senrinami
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan2205 View Post
Oh cool, I saw the UK version. The current Elphaba, Rachel Tucker, is the best Elphaba in my opinion, she's just incredible.

Oh that's a pretty important part XD I loved the monkeys, they were so creepy and well choreographed
You got that right with the monkeys

-senrinami
Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Gan2205
Don't Blink!
Tokubetsu Jounin

Who's your favourite character? Mine's either Elphaba or Glinda, they're both just brilliant together and Glinda's so funny in Popular
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
senrinami
Chuunin

Aww man, I want to say....Elphaba X\ She's different and sees things in a different way. Just like I (try) to do.
**New artwork everyday!**
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
hyuga210
Hyuga Clan Rules!!!
Jounin

hyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faithhyuga210 is a guardian of faith

OMG I love wicked my Best friend took me to go see it with her mom in chicago 3 years ago. I was so friggin amazed by how the stage was set up. Oh i heard rumors that Wicked is going to be a movie. I'm not sure if it's true or not but i would so want to go see it. Between the wizard of oz, the wiz, and Wicked I would have to say that Wicked was the best of them all.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
senrinami
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuga210 View Post
OMG I love wicked my Best friend took me to go see it with her mom in chicago 3 years ago. I was so friggin amazed by how the stage was set up. Oh i heard rumors that Wicked is going to be a movie. I'm not sure if it's true or not but i would so want to go see it. Between the wizard of oz, the wiz, and Wicked I would have to say that Wicked was the best of them all.
That's cool. If they are making it a movie, dibs on that! Also, I bought the book today and I'm reading it now
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #13
Gan2205
Don't Blink!
Tokubetsu Jounin

Yeah I think the movie has been confirmed. I think they're casting the original Elphaba and Glinda.

The book is so different to the musical
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
senrinami
Chuunin

DDDDDD: No way!!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #15
Gan2205
Don't Blink!
Tokubetsu Jounin

Yeah, the characters seem different and it's more depressing and a lot weirder