Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > Game Zone

Game Zone Talk about all your favorite video games here... from Mario to GTA to Halo and beyond!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
3GearLuffy
Gennin

3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of3GearLuffy has much to be proud of

1.Dragon Ball Z Budokai series-PS2
2.One Piece Kaizoku Musou
3.Cod MW2
4.Super Smash Bros. Melee
5.Assassins Creed Brotherhood and 3
6.Naruto Ultimate Ninja Series- PS2
7.Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Series
3GearLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
DoomTrain
(V) ( ; , , ; ) (V)
S Class Ninja

DoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to DoomTrain Send a message via Yahoo to DoomTrain

hmmmmmm, this is a hard one to decide.

1) Quake 4 (PC)
2) Street Fighter 2 (all versions, especially Super Turbo) (Arcade / consoles)
3) Xenogears (PSX / PS1)
4) Silent Hill 1 (PSX / PS1)
5) Final Fantasy VIII

Ask me tomorrow and my list could be changed entirely (except for Quake 4 in the #1 spot)
Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
Ninja
Sayonara suckers
Super Saiyan

Ninja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I forgot to add the Donkey Kong series in my list >.< So ashamed
And DBZ :|
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
SageOfThe6Path
Academy Student

SageOfThe6Path is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja-Star95 View Post
I forgot to add the Donkey Kong series in my list >.< So ashamed
And DBZ :|
lol donkey kong is amazing I can't beleive u forgot it jokes but anyways I only liked the dragonball budakai series in ps2
SageOfThe6Path is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
xXdArKvOidXx
Sasori Slayer
Sannin

xXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant futurexXdArKvOidXx has a brilliant future

1. Dead Space Series
2. Pokemon Series
3. Kingdom Hearts Series
4. Final Fantasy Series
5. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Series

I will grant you a requested SIG on this thread link below
http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=51340
xXdArKvOidXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Nao_Chan
C i e n F l e u r
S Class Ninja

Nao_Chan has disabled reputation

1. Dragon Quest 8 - The best one imo. Music is just gorgeous, and I love the characters, boss fights, travel, etc. Has a huge place in my heart.

2. Final Fantasy Tactics series - Especially WotL. Ramza and Delita are the best.

3. Final Fantasy series - FF 1,2,4 and 13 are my favorites. A lot of people hated 13, but I love what they did with it. The battle system takes a while to get used to, but after a while, you get comfortable with it. Linearity was an issue, though.

4. Sims series - Who doesn't love the Sims? I think they're addictive and hella fun.

5. Lost Odyssey - Favorite 360 game of all time. Music, bosses, story, and I just fell in love with every single character, especially Seth. It's long, and it's worth all the time you put into it.

Thank you, Lunario, dear. <3
Nao_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
elite_8_wolf
Orphen
Jounin

elite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUMelite_8_wolf 's power is MAXIMUM
Send a message via MSN to elite_8_wolf Send a message via Yahoo to elite_8_wolf Send a message via Skype™ to elite_8_wolf

Number 5: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Arcade). One of the best 2d fighting games of all time. It had interesting characters, wonderful sprites that seemed to pop out of the game, the absolute genius "parry system" and one of the best final bosses in any Capcom fighting game.

Number 4: Snatcher (Sega CD/Mega CD). One of the best experiences I've ever had. It's a detective game created by the legendary Hideo Kojima (of Metal Gear fame). The story's plotline is a mix of The Terminator, Blade Runner, and a film noir amnesia story. The game is gripping at every turn, and uncovering the mystery of the so-called "Snatcher menace" is unsettling, and at times straight-up creepy. The game's soundtrack is among the best I've ever heard. Seriously, "One Night in Neo Kobe City" is one of the best songs for an opening sequence you could ever ask for.

Number 3: Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube). One of the breakout RPGs of the last decade. I have been increasingly disappointed with Final Fantasy of the past few years, and I looked to the alternative. When I had first played this game, I was unfamiliar with Dragon Quest. However, Tales of Symphonia had one of the best adventures of any RPG I've played in recent times. The characters are endearing, and have personality. The story is your typical run-of-the-mill hero's journey archetypal adventure. However, certain plot elements really make you believe in the character's plight and you find yourself wishing them to succeed. The battle system is exactly what you'd expect from any "Tales" game, and it's extremely addicting. You just have to check this one out if you're unfamiliar.

Number 2: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube/Wii). This is my favorite Zelda game. I'm not saying this is the best, but, it is my personal favorite. The light/dark dynamic of this game seemed to be the most natural to me of any Zelda game that had this. The gimmick of the game is on par, in my opinion, with the ocarina in OoT. Link's wolf state allows for some awesome change of pace if all the collecting and exploring ever gets dull. The story is basically the same as every other Zelda beginning with ALttP. The exposition fairy of this game is quite a bit less annoying than Navi, however. Definitely check it out if you've lived under a rock.

Number 1: EarthBound/Mother 2 (SNES/Super Famicom). This is my favorite game of all time. Granted, not everyone will like this. However, it is worth at least one play through. In a time where RPGs were basically all "swords and sorcery" this one broke the mold by being set in the current time. You are Ness, a young boy with blossoming psychic powers who must go on a quest to collect the 8 melodies of the planet so you can stop Giygas, a terrible alien creature who wishes to control the world with his army of Starmen. The game is a turn-based RPG and has been universally called "quirky". The game has a sense of humor, and doesn't take itself seriously. Except when it does. While it's not as emotional as it's predecessor, Mother, EarthBound is still a great game, and even if you find it's not in your cup of tea...it is an interesting case as far as video games go.

Well, that's my list, and I'm stickin' to it. (Disclaimer: List subject to change in the future as new games are released)
elite_8_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
Saruto Mugo
What the point anymore
S Class Ninja

Saruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond reputeSaruto Mugo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Saruto Mugo Send a message via Yahoo to Saruto Mugo

God of War Series
Metroid Prime Series
Super Smash Bros. Series
Kingdom Hearts Series
Golden Sun Series
Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
CodeG_Lelouch
Gennin

CodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enoughCodeG_Lelouch will become famous soon enough

1) Legend of Dragoon

2) MAG

3) 3arc cods..idc what u say they require skills until people cried about: "Oh i can't quick scope like i did in mw2 cuz this sniping is as realistic as it gets for the cod series".

4)all multi platform Dbz games from Dbz Budokai to DBZ ult tenkaichi. Also don't cry about this one and stuff like: "oh i don't like the name cuz there aren't enough people in the game" or "this game sucks and i can't play freely like previos games"

News flash; they had a poll on what the name should be so quit crying. They got a new engine and it takes time to put a decent amount of characters and graphics and MICHEAL BAY in a new fighting dbz style fighting game,they also had a 1yr deadline to come out with it so we can feed our appetites of dbz carnage. Now lets be real, dbz tenkaichi3 had like +160 characters, and DBRB2 had +90, who here can honestly say: "i liked to use every single character and not stick with a few just cuz of their moves or popularity". If u want another dbz game with a lot of characters then your ass should play them all and not stick with only 5people. Appreciate we even get dbz games after all this time, DBZ the greatest fighting manga/anime series out there, well more or less its still #1 in my books.

5th) and now...the moment we've all waited for (lol)
my 5th pick...
after this commercial break... jk
i'd have to go with Megaman X series.

-Ur ideals = my 2nd sig.
CodeG_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
eliteplayer50
Gennin

eliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really niceeliteplayer50 is just really nice

Sonic 2 - megadrive
metal gear solid 1 and 2 - ps1 and ps2
Grand theft auto vice city-ps2
wwe smackdown vs raw 2006-ps2
Tekken 2 - ps1
eliteplayer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Keon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

1. halo reach- i grew up on the halo series and this was awsome as a swan song for bungies involvement
2. batman arkham city- epic and no gorge clooney
3. assassins creed revelations- medieval batman
4. naruto ultimate ninja storm generations- easy to learn, beautiful, and fun
5. kingdom hearts 358 days 1/2- multiplayer and play as all the organization 13(final fantasies soul society)
6. skyrim- massivley addicting and infinate customizablity
7. transformers war for cybertron- its better than mw3 in shooting & it has vehicles (pun non intended)
8. marvel vs capcom 3- i was sold momment i saw deadpool vs dante
9. devil may cry collection- 3in1 epic nes
10. ultimate spiderman- the best one out and you can play as venom and fight wolverine in a bar this was a win

-Bang Shishigami
Keon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #27
Kitten
Kitty Claws...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

The Legend of Zelda franchise takes up all five slots...

I don't think there will ever be a videogame series as amazing as it. Its music is heartwarming and soul-captivating, and is just plain catchy too. Its stories and characters evoke all kinds of emotions: laughter, fear, sadness, joy, anger. Its protagonist is a symbol of bravery and hope; each time they tell Link's tale, I get drawn into his world, as if I'm there embarking on his journey. It's never an easy task but it's always worth it. I treasure every hour I've spent on each of the games, and that's quite a bit.

The wonderful thing about the Legend of Zelda is that you don't need awesome graphics (although the world is beautiful and has always been well detailed), since the story and gameplay is consistantly suberb. The games follow a typical formula, yet each of them manage to be fun and unique. Each of them stand out. I still love to play Ocarina of Time on my N64. That game is absolutely timeless. So is Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, etc. Now I'll say this: do you ever see a Call of Duty fan playing the first installment? If so, they hardly do it. Those types of games are expendable; they are only meant to be played until a slightly newer one comes out. They can't offer an experience like Zelda can. They lack depth. Dedication. Passion. Originality. The Legend of Zelda is why I play videogames in the first place. That's something to brag about.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #28
.D.
Superplex Bro
Jinchuuriki

.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy.D. is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via AIM to .D. Send a message via Skype™ to .D.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Mega Man 2
3. Fatal Fury Special
4. Gyruss
5. Sunset Riders
.D. is offline   Reply With Quote