Go Back   Island Forums > General Bay > SI Battledome

SI Battledome Goku vs Naruto, Spider-Man vs Venom, Shaq vs Kobe... pit characters from your favorite series against one another here! Remember to follow the rules!

Poll: Which one is Superior?
Poll Options
Which one is Superior?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Scott
God of the New World
Akatsuki Member

Scott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUMScott 's power is MAXIMUM

I prefer Xbox, better online.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
War Doctor
Wryyy!!!
Akatsuki Member

War Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacyWar Doctor is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

playstation 3

( Click to show/hide )
War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
DoomTrain
(V) ( ; , , ; ) (V)
S Class Ninja

DoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacyDoomTrain is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to DoomTrain Send a message via Yahoo to DoomTrain

LOL, I think XBL ruined the idea of DLC, but has a great community set up. PS3 has the best "controller" and the better console features, but lacks proper support.

Why the picture above? Consoles created the evil of P2P lobbies (lagfest) > Dedicated servers (that are far superior). DLC is a big reason why mods are not being released as much because companies would rather milk a series dry, getting every single $$$ dollar $$$ from mindless consumers (often charging for what is actually IN the game on the disc) instead of letting the community bring their game to life with custom content created by fans for fans.

And console gamers constantly avoid this when it's PC vs. 360 and PS3, but have zero problem when it's comparing PS3 to the 360. Console's are holding graphics back BIG TIME, a 10 year life cycle is the dumbest idea ever conceived. I'm all about gameplay over graphics, I play some of the ugliest configs created :P, but c'mon. I want my single player game to be top notch, NOT ONLY in gameplay, bug graphics also. Not eVERY THING has to be 5,000,000,000 polygons, but plz at least come up with a decent art style,

wait a sec fahkin rant mode *flicks b!tch button off& -_-, I'm going off again. Sorry

I like em both, I like the 360's social aspect, but hate the 360 controller w/ a passion, and I wish I owned a PS3 so I coujd watch some blu rays :P

OH yeah, I bought a XIM3 (mouse and keyboard adapter) for my 360, out of the 60 or so FFA / Team Defender games I've played, I've came in 1st every match except 3 (I feel so bad when I come in 2nd, lmfao)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

This will become a flame war, mark my words.

With that said, overall, it's X360 for me.

It has a better controller, better online gameplay and overall better exclusive games. [Ninja Blade for the win]

PS3's main for revenue has been the fact that you could openly play games online for free. However, their security is mighty risky, even now, after the whole credit scandal.

So, with them, it's a bit more open.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
jnw93
Ⓟuppet ♏aster™
Sannin

jnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faith

i have both but online for ps3 only
so ill go with ps3

Created by xXdArKvOidXx
And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them.
jnw93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
Kitten
The Witch of Rarity...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

I've had both... it kinda comes down to preference, but overall the PS3 is just... better... I've explained why many times, ahaha... less pros, more cons... stronger variety in good exclusive titles... etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I prefer Xbox, better online.
I prefer PS3... free online with optional payable subscription...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
jnw93
Ⓟuppet ♏aster™
Sannin

jnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faithjnw93 is a guardian of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
I've had both... it kinda comes down to preference, but overall the PS3 is just... better... I've explained why many times, ahaha... less pros, more cons... stronger variety in good exclusive titles... etc...

Yuuupp
this is why i stopped paying for xbox online

Created by xXdArKvOidXx
And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them.
jnw93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post

You heard it here first, people! Cinnamon says it has MORE cons!

Of course, I know what you meant though.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
Kitten
The Witch of Rarity...
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Kitten has disabled reputation

Oh wow... I totally worded that wrong... You win this round 360 fanboy! XD
Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
BigShawn
Big Shawn
Akatsuki Member

BigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBigShawn is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Pond View Post
You heard it here first, people! Cinnamon says it has MORE cons!

Of course, I know what you meant though.
And you said xbox has a better controller lol yea right.

Last edited by BigShawn; 04-12-2012 at 04:41 PM..
BigShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Blood Uchiha
MS God
Sannin

Blood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacyBlood Uchiha is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Ps3 r u kiddin me

ive had both and ps3 is just better 2 me

( Click to show/hide )
Sig Made By John

PSN:Reeseih8
Blood Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
lilanime28
Gennin

lilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nicelilanime28 is just really nice

Ps3 just because I have one LOL
lilanime28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfgsn View Post
And you said xbox has a better controlling lol yea right.
Just because you've familiarize yourself with the repeated outlay of the PS controller, it doesn't make it at all better.

Fact is, they're all too similar, but the placement of the back buttons, as well as the crescent design of the X360 controller actually makes it easier to hold and more effective to use. Plus the sensitivity of the trigger buttons is a nice touch.

Another thing I'm betting will happen is that most people will call PS3 better due to the free online play. While it is apart of the PS3, it's generally not a testament of superiority of the console. Even though this is opinionated, I'm just hoping that is the only reason listed.

But like I said, totally opinionated. I'm just waiting on someone to rep some hipster console.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
MD Punk
RMGMDPunk
Kage

MD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacyMD Punk is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

PS3 has a One Piece game.
360 doesn't.
PS3 wins.
<.<
MD Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
Zeno
King Of The Seven Seas
S Class Ninja

Zeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacyZeno is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

The only reason ps3 is said to be better is because of free online, if xbox came with free online I would sell my ps3 for an xbox 360 immediately