Go Back   Island Forums > Interests Beach > Roleplaying

Roleplaying Pretend to be somebody you're not!

Old 04-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
RacerX
Legend and Creator
Sannin

RacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faith
Default Gather Around...give an oppinnion please

So Akatsuki wants me and him to work to put out a new rp.
That will not be a Naruto one (most common since the beginning of the role playing section.) So do you have any ideas?

No More:
Naruto
and Bleach

So I do have an Idea...its rough but I am hopping others give an idea.

Street Fighter World Rp:

Plot: Every eight years the Street Fighter tournament is held. This tournament selects the best fighters from all 204 nations. The tournament is the new way war is fought. The winning fighter allows their nation to rule. That way no lives are lost due to unneeded blood shed. The fighters represent the world and the hopes of their country. However, there is no set rules to this tournament. All fighters report to Fighter Mecca; a human made island that is diverse. It holds all types of climate, and buildings. In this island the size of forty whales houses the matches. Which are televised to the world. Not every nation will play fairly so, as a fighter one must be ready. Anything can happen in the Street Fighter World.

That is my idea, and this will be all original. This tournament is based of Street Fighter (number one) and G-Gundam (fighting around the world). So yeah, that's an idea to get things started.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Onomatopoeia
Love Sofa
S Class Ninja

Onomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacyOnomatopoeia is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

How creative can we be with our character? Because I notice that the Street Fighter verse is somewhat more down to earth compared to Mortal Kombat or even King of Fighters.

On the same subject (as KoF often works this way), I think it would be cool to manage a small team instead of just one guy. Besides that, I like it alright; G Gundam was awesome.
Onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
RacerX
Legend and Creator
Sannin

RacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faithRacerX is a guardian of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Chaney Sr View Post
How creative can we be with our character? Because I notice that the Street Fighter verse is somewhat more down to earth compared to Mortal Kombat or even King of Fighters.

On the same subject (as KoF often works this way), I think it would be cool to manage a small team instead of just one guy. Besides that, I like it alright; G Gundam was awesome.
Well its just an idea, not really thought out. A Mortal Kombat rp has been done one before as well as a Tekken rp. Its just an idea, I rather come up with something new.

A gundam rp was tried once but it failed. So any ideas, I mean if you like this idea that's cool, lets just see if others give out an Idea.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
ip_oneverythin
Ip On Everything
S Class Ninja

ip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faith

What about bloody fury

Or saint's row

Or one piece

or DBZ

or fairy tale

Or finally try again on the advengers

( Click to show/hide )
thanks lunario
ip_oneverythin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
RacerX
Legend and Creator
Sannin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip_oneverythin View Post
What about bloody fury

Or saint's row

Or one piece

or DBZ

or fairy tale

Or finally try again on the advengers
Dunno what that is.

Saints row seems fun bot not my type lol

One Piece has been tried and failed.

DBZ cannot be made into a rp, its been tried and failed miserably.

I don't do fairy tale so i have no idea what it is.

You mean Avengers? Not Avdengers right?

Any whom, if your going to say something give us a sample of the story plot. So we can see if we are interested in it.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Keon
The Lion God of Justice!
Kage

Keon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKeon is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

how bout

ZETMAN just got in to it its dark, twisted, and epic as hell link:http://www.mangareader.net/638/zetman.html

SOULEATER if ip puts fairytail i put soul eater
link:http://www.mangareader.net/157/soul-eater.html

POKEMON just off the top of my childhood memories
link:my childhood

-Bang Shishigami
Keon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
ip_oneverythin
Ip On Everything
S Class Ninja

ip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faithip_oneverythin is a guardian of faith

Look to keep it real:
The R.P's you make are alway's fun:
World, avenger's, ryder...
but the thing that ruin's it is the rotation. Rotation's aren't bad but some people go on S.I everyday while some goes on S.I once a week and with a rotation the story can't go anywhere because it's way to slow. But back to an R'P idea

I truely think you should give the new avenger's another try
but this time make it so that were all noob's with our power's and we go to Shield for practice and make us want to become the ultimate avenger's the avenger's that are even better than the original.

( Click to show/hide )
thanks lunario
Old 04-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

I've been scripting an idea for an anime lately. It takes place in an adventurer's world with parts of modern technology in it.

It's core is a tree that assigns a specific destiny to people. However, the people themselves never find out about this destiny and are doomed to fall into it under any circumstances.

I can actually turn this into a nice RP idea in which one person lives in the end. Let me know.

P.S. More details available upon request.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
T_T
SPIDEY
Akatsuki Member

T_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Haha ive got an idea amoung the lines of psychics. No Telekinisis though can become very overpowered anyway either racer or I would be the villian it would take place in the NYC and we all soon are lead to each other at the empire state, and take it from there,

Or we could do a wizard one somewhat like harry potter you just pick what kind of wizard you are like, elemental, mental, physical, and racerx and i will judge to see if the spells are not to over powered so the basic story line is we all battle in this collisium like place for money food ect.... and each week theres a new battle that will occurs the fights are to the death but you can be broughten back to life for each loss also you loose a spell if you win you gain one and if you run out completley you have to do what the owers tell you to until tthey decide to give you spells bacl
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
RacerX
Legend and Creator
Sannin

The point of a rotation is so there is fluency. So people have time to get on and post with out missing to much. If there is no order, two people can change the direction of the rp dramatically. That and the story will get jumbled and those that didn't post would have to play a catch up game.

Auron Pond what do you mean by a tree. You don't suppose an actual tree do you? I mean if you do it would seem odd to me, but if you don't mind give us a sample.

Akatsuki if one can't die in an rp it seems bad. I mean i like what you saying but to be honest I'm getting bored of a tournament being involved in any rp (even though my idea has a tournament in it =.=" ).

Anyway Auron, If you give a sample I think I can fuse Wizards into it. If you allow me, but I really would like for people to tell me what idea they like the most from the ones we have given.

P.S:
At Koen:
No pokemon was done it did well just not that well.

Souleater was done not to long ago and it failed.

This Zetman (even though I did not click the link but just looked at the picture) it looks interesting do you mind typing out the story plot or a possible one?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
T_T
SPIDEY
Akatsuki Member

T_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacyT_T is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
The point of a rotation is so there is fluency. So people have time to get on and post with out missing to much. If there is no order, two people can change the direction of the rp dramatically. That and the story will get jumbled and those that didn't post would have to play a catch up game.

Auron Pond what do you mean by a tree. You don't suppose an actual tree do you? I mean if you do it would seem odd to me, but if you don't mind give us a sample.

Akatsuki if one can't die in an rp it seems bad. I mean i like what you saying but to be honest I'm getting bored of a tournament being involved in any rp (even though my idea has a tournament in it =.=" ).

Anyway Auron, If you give a sample I think I can fuse Wizards into it. If you allow me, but I really would like for people to tell me what idea they like the most from the ones we have given.

P.S:
At Koen:

This Zetman (even though I did not click the link but just looked at the picture) it looks interesting do you mind typing out the story plot or a possible one?
Well i didnt know exactly how if someone was to die what would happen then would the person not be able to partcapate in the rp anymore
Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
Kyuubi2
Undead Army
Kage

Kyuubi2 has disabled reputation

Quote:

P.S:
At Koen:

Look at your Death Ryder rp. It's barely holding on by a string. People are already bored of waiting for others. It takes way too long.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
RacerX
Legend and Creator
Sannin

I canceled that rp already and for different reasons Kyuubi2.
I mean people can die but like I would for there to be many characters.
But, whats the favorite idea so far?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
ip_oneverythin
Ip On Everything
S Class Ninja

Why dont you just put a poll of all the idea's that was put up there...
I Still favor The ultimate avenger's.

( Click to show/hide )
thanks lunario
Old 04-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Auron Pond
Just do it!
Akatsuki Member

Auron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAuron Pond is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:

P.S:
At Koen:

Okay, here's the overlying plot:

( Click to show/hide )
Well over 10,000 years ago, the world was in a constant war-torn state. One general, however, saw no end to the fighting and thus, commanded a small group of warriors and went on a journey for peace. His journey ended in failure. However, at the end of it, he planted a seed and disappeared from the world.

During a battle between nations, the tree erupted in between sides, causing warriors to become calm and peaceful. It was there that a truce was made.

It was on this day, that the tree was known as the Tree of the Mighty General.

Hundreds of years later, war began once more. People looked to the tree to ease the quelled warriors, but the tree did something different instead. It marked a newborn baby. The baby soon grew to end the war between countries and because this, he was known as The Destined.

When war would erupt, a newborn baby was marked to stop it. the process repeated whenever necessary.

It was this day that the "Tree of the Mighty General" became the "Tree of Destiny".

After years and years of this repeated process, the countries eventually became two strong nations:

The Western World, a democracy.

The Eastern World, a monarchy.

The Western World slowly began to lose belief in the prophecy, due to the fact that the last few Destined were chosen in the Eastern World. Eventually, they abandoned it and let it be forgotten among their people.

The time for war has come once again.

The Eastern World and The Western World have become hostile with each other. A new young girl from the Eastern World, Nozomi, is Destined. 16, she begins to set out on her journey and unite the nations. To help, she has been assigned two Protects, warriors that are also able to use elemental magic. One of each gender.

However, there are some that want Nozomi dead. These people are known as the Rebellion. They have forsaken the prophecy and choose to find peace their own way. It is unknown who exactly is apart of the Rebellion, as they come from both Eastern and Western. Nozomi must choose he allies wisely.

The day she begins to set out, a young boy named Shinkoo arrives to the Kingdom City of Eastern . . .

In this world, you can be a . . .

-Warrior
-Knight
-Loose Protect (Same as a Protect, only you don't follow Nozomi around)
-Magician
-Saint
-Monk
-Ninja
-Rifleman
-Strategist

You choose whether you're for:

-Western World
-Eastern World
-Rebellion
-Prophecy

And a Gamemaster relays the flow of the story. While also revealing some plot points (even some plot twists).

If you want, I can reveal the entire plot synopsis. Though, it'll be a bit long, lol.