Go Back   Island Forums > Naruto Village > Leaf Library

Leaf Library Walk in and discuss the greatness known as the Naruto manga.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #91
Beninja
Chuunin

Beninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Beninja Send a message via Yahoo to Beninja

shouldnt the byakugan get a awesome move?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #92
FlySkyHigh
(ಠ_ರೃ) ..c[酒]
Jounin

FlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary status
Send a message via Skype™ to FlySkyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninja View Post
Eight Trigrams 1024 Palms?

( Click to show/hide )
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #93
Beninja
Chuunin

Beninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to beholdBeninja is a splendid one to behold

1024 lol i was thinking 8 trigrams FAWLCON PAWNCH
Old 04-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #94
Ninja
Ultimate Light Music Club
Super Saiyan

Ninja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNinja is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
1024 lol i was thinking 8 trigrams FAWLCON PAWNCH
No. FALCON PALM
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #95
Itachi's Pupil
The Illusionary Legend
S Class Ninja

Itachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacyItachi's Pupil is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Pond View Post

Indistinctly.

If you could just point out something happening from an immediate read, then it's not exactly foreshadowing.

Furthermore, foretelling is prediction. How does the writer predict something he's writing? And the reader can predict literally ANYTHING to happen. I can say that next chapter, Sasuke will do a justu that requires him to dance. How? I don't know, because he hasn't danced yet. That's foretelling. And foretelling is rarely ever accurate.

Kishi has been dropping huge Shinto hints. He can't explain the Shinto religion in the actual anime, seeing how it doesn't take place in their world. So rather, he uses names to help you foreshadow. If you didn't read up on Japanese mythology at all, then no, you won't figure it out. But that's why it's INDISTINCTLY. Some people are not going to see it.

You see that he named it after an animal, but did you know exactly what the next animal he was going to name a move after was? No. Foretelling is a near baseless prediction you come up with. You could guess that he would come up with an animal name for the moves, but you couldn't foretell which move would be associated with which animal, thus your prediction being incomplete.

With foreshadowing, if you spot it, you're able to see something coming precisely. If you don't spot it, you'll be able to reference it once it comes. Izanagi was shown. So, should I guess the move closely related to it is Inari? No. Closely related to Izanagi is Izanami. I'm not saying that because they both begin with 'I', I'm not saying that because their names are similar, I'm saying it because Kishi foreshadowed that if there was a Izanagi who can create things (as in the myth) then there will be a Izanami.

So, you're telling me it's an opinion, but I just googled the definition. By the way, I didn't take the best one, I took the very first one. The general definition.

You can have your opinion of the chapter, but these are not opinions of foreshadowing. It has a solid definition. If you misunderstand, then that's one thing. But don't think that just because you don't agree with it's definition that makes it untrue.

And FYI, you can use one story to foreshadow another story. It happens very often in literature.
DROPPED A BOMB OF KNOWLEDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh View Post
-goes back and reads the thread for once.-

Well holy damn, I guess I'm out on my own, as I've actually been enjoying the current trend of the manga. I'm going to clarify this with a few specific statements.

1) I knew Izanami was coming. It had to. Izanagi. When he first used Tsukoyomi I read up on all of the Shinto Dieties, and Izanami was pretty obvious. I'm actually rather surprised it's taken this long to emerge, and makes me feel like Kishi is getting ready to finish up the manga.

2) I never really understood Kabuto's existence or reasoning, now I finally have a train of thought to go with his actions, and it makes me enjoy him a lot more as a character instead of "i'm just some sadist asswipe."

3) If anyone would like to discuss asspulls, please go ahead and explain to me how in the time between Naruto learning KCM and getting to the field of battle he managed to come up with and precisely configure no less than four or five new variations on the basic rasengan/rasenshuriken, each of which required far more precise control than he was previously known to have. (Please note: I don't have any dislike for naruto. Nor do I have any particular care for any of the Uchiha. IMO Shikamaru/Kisame #1)

4) These chapters of late have been finally giving us insight into many things that were previously only foreshadowed or even simply ignored as pieces of ancient history, or knowledge we simply didn't need. Example: The fact that there are other sages, it was always assumed but never confirmed. More history of Madara and Hashirama. The true scope of Hashirama's powers. The history of the Tailed Beasts and their attitudes towards the world.

5) Itachi has always been slated to be an uber genius. The only character comparable to him in terms of sheer intellect and capability is Kakashi, who graduated academy quicker, but advanced slower. Kakashi had JUST become a Jounin at 13, whereas Itachi was already an ANBU Captain at the same age. I've always felt that Itachi in all likelihood was the most powerful ninja in the world, but whatever disease it was that he had contracted proved his downfall. If his disease had been less prominent, or he had indeed somehow gained EMS, he would've been quite likely unstoppable and simply been a Deus Ex Machina, and proved the entire story pointless when every enemy was defeated with ease. For the first time we are finally getting a taste of the true power of that uber genius ninja whose true fate was robbed by cruel circumstance. And through all of this we discover that this ninja who likely had the capability to kill the higher-ups who gave him the order to kill his clan with ease, that he chose to do it due to his extreme loyalty to the leaf above all. In a way, he is a Jesus allegory, he sacrificed himself so thoroughly for others.

-mind-****ed- Wouldn't that be a *****? Izanagi in it's own way does make reality into a Genjutsu, so the flip-side would be hella potent.
The bolded was beautiful my friend, purely beautiful!!!!! +++++rep
Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #96
NarutoSegaHoka
Charizard
S Class Ninja

NarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Nice chapter.

@Itachi's Pupil
Do you love my new sig?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #97
Beninja
Chuunin

^ what episode does this happen you sig anyways
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #98
naoXnao
Chuunin

naoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nicenaoXnao is just really nice

Anybody got the jump cover for this chapter?
I heard Naruto was featured on the cover.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #99
NarutoSegaHoka
Charizard
S Class Ninja

NarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacyNarutoSegaHoka is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoXnao View Post
Anybody got the jump cover for this chapter?
I heard Naruto was featured on the cover.
Here, JUMP Cover.
( Click to show/hide )
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #100
Coobie
Yeah
Kage

Coobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacyCoobie is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Coobie

Quote:
No, Kishi forgot about it and these days it seems like Sharingan > Rinnegan.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #101
Shadow_
wait what?
Sannin

Shadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUMShadow_ 's power is MAXIMUM

Lol what if one day someone asks kishi , Did you forget bout the Byakugan??

Kishi answers :
Old 04-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #102
Antdog
Yet another power up!
LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN

Antdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacyAntdog is part of the LEGENDARY legacy

lol just read it lol my nigga itachi bringing out more moves XD and watch the hate for his awesomness grow
Old 04-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #103
FlySkyHigh
(ಠ_ರೃ) ..c[酒]
Jounin

FlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary statusFlySkyHigh is nearing legendary status
Send a message via Skype™ to FlySkyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coobie View Post
No, Kishi forgot about it and these days it seems like Sharingan > Rinnegan.
Hashirama.

That is my response.

( Click to show/hide )
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #104
NarutoSegaHoka
Charizard
S Class Ninja

Kishimoto don't like Byakugan.

Strongest Dojutsu: Rinnegan > Sharingan > Byakugan
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #105
Kengen
God of Sexiness
Akatsuki Member

Kengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacyKengen is part of the LEGENDARY legacy
Send a message via MSN to Kengen

I'm willing to bet that if an Uchiha were in the Allied Shinobi Forces, they would have been able to spot out the Zetsu clones. Kishi kind of left the Byakugan in the dust quite a while back.

Danke Toast!
Closed Thread