PDA

View Full Version : How did Trunks (Future/Cell Saga) get his sword?

Typhlosion12
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Trunks fought King Cold and Freiza with his sword, but how did he get it? In Trunks's future they never met Tapion and Tapion was the one who gave him the sword. Tapion was after the Majin Buu saga and they never met Majin Buu or Babidi since the Androids were takin over. So how did he get the sword? Tell me your opinions.

SageMode_Zade
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Doesn't matter buu saga had no direct effect on Tapion lol

or it's another dbz paradox

Typhlosion12
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Doesn't matter buu saga had no direct effect on Tapion lol

Okay, but Tapion gave Trunks sword after Goku defeated Hirdugarn (Sorry for misspelling) I'm pretty sure Tapion wouldnt give it to him for no reason. And Trunks would've never been able to open the box.

SageMode_Zade
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Who says that buu wouldn't have still been summonded?

Typhlosion12
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
you can tell because Buu would've been tooken out the Androids

lulz_turtle
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I think he got it from Gohan???

DoomTrain
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought Trunks had said that changing the past in an alternate reality doesn't change his original "dimension", but it DOES change the current umm you know reality. So it's possible that they altered the reality of the current world to the point where ummm, you know, things got a lil fudged up.

SageMode_Zade
07-12-2010, 05:32 PM
or dbz paradox xD

Kitten
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM

That's exactly what I thought...

But this makes the most sense... :laugh:

SageMode_Zade
07-12-2010, 06:50 PM
That's exactly what I thought...

But this makes the most sense... :laugh:

haha or he never had his sword and it was just a stick that he painted and stuff

Zolo
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
According to Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon, he got a sword from Tapion after the defeat of Hirudegarn

NaruHina_fan_girl
07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
or dbz paradox xD

Agreed :nod:

itachithegod
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Think he just wanted to increase his power so he got himself a sword

SageMode_Zade
07-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Think he just wanted to increase his power so he got himself a sword

no dbz paradox final anwser

luthfanrasyad
07-13-2010, 04:39 AM
wasn't the answer in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3?

DitoDhaneswara
07-13-2010, 05:14 AM
wasn't the answer in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3?

Really? you mean when Tapion gave his sword to trunks?

SageMode_Zade
07-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Really? you mean when Tapion gave his sword to trunks?

right but he used it before that at the start of the cell saga and since he didnt defet theat dthingy in that future he would have had his sword :P

luthfanrasyad
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
right but he used it before that at the start of the cell saga and since he didnt defet theat dthingy in that future he would have had his sword :P
kid trunks got it, goku and the rest died, Trunks and gohan train, gohan dies, and then teen trunks goes to the past to help fight cell, right?

SageMode_Zade
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
kid trunks got it, goku and the rest died, Trunks and gohan train, gohan dies, and then teen trunks goes to the past to help fight cell, right?

yes but in the andriod ruled future the buu saga never happended
so goku died that yellow dragon thing wasnt killed

trunks never opended the box

PARADOX

sasukechiidorii
07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
he got the sword from gohan who got it from elder kai

Darkkyuubi059
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
when he was a kid the guy that was a alien from wrath of the dragon (i forgot his name) but he was part of hirudagarn he had a sword and before he left to earth he gave trunks his sword

DitoDhaneswara
07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
he got the sword from gohan who got it from elder kai

No, if gohan get the sword from the elder kai Gohan will become Mystic Gohan, he will kill the androids because they are no match for gohan, but the fact gohan still doesn;t have a match for the androids and get killed

Shuhan
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Trunk's Grandfather (Bulma's Dad) made the sword for him before he died. I can't remember where I heard it from, but it would make sense. Back in those times, everyone was in constant danger, so maybe Bulma's Dad made it for him to help him fight the androids. Would also explain why Kid Trunks doesn't have it, since Bulma's dad was still alive, and the androids were all dead by the time Trunks was old enough to fight.

DitoDhaneswara
07-19-2010, 03:12 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Trunk's Grandfather (Bulma's Dad) made the sword for him before he died. I can't remember where I heard it from, but it would make sense. Back in those times, everyone was in constant danger, so maybe Bulma's Dad made it for him to help him fight the androids. Would also explain why Kid Trunks doesn't have it, since Bulma's dad was still alive, and the androids were all dead by the time Trunks was old enough to fight.

that make sense.. so trunks sword is a capsule product from capsule corp.

Six Paths Sage
07-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Trunks fought King Cold and Freiza with his sword, but how did he get it? In Trunks's future they never met Tapion and Tapion was the one who gave him the sword. Tapion was after the Majin Buu saga and they never met Majin Buu or Babidi since the Androids were takin over. So how did he get the sword? Tell me your opinions.

Watch movie 13 and pay attention to all of the scenes with tapion and trunks it will explain everything.

DitoDhaneswara
07-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Watch movie 13 and pay attention to all of the scenes with tapion and trunks it will explain everything.

Read the post from sagemode zade

Gigacrusher
09-14-2010, 06:12 PM
He got it from Tapion. Wrath of the Dragon fits into the DBZ continuity because it happens after everything in DBZ. They only two things that don't fit are...where is uub and when did he learn Dragon Fist Explosion but those things don't really ruin anything.

So yeah he got the sword from Tapion.

Vassilli
10-10-2010, 01:14 PM
He got it from Tapion. Wrath of the Dragon fits into the DBZ continuity because it happens after everything in DBZ. They only two things that don't fit are...where is uub and when did he learn Dragon Fist Explosion but those things don't really ruin anything.

So yeah he got the sword from Tapion.

HE DIDN'T GET HIS GODDAMN SWORD FROM TAPION

-Sighs-

Just imagine, in that movie Goku was able to go SSJ3, which is AFTER the android saga (Buu saga), the androids were already pwned, why would kid trunks need to return to save the past if Goku and the rest would have wiped the floor with the androids in their level at the movie? (Even if they magically returned from destruction)

And if so, what happened to Goten, who also appeared in the movie? Was he slain by some completely destroyed androids? :rolleyes:

RacerX
10-10-2010, 02:36 PM

yeah future gohan gave it to him.

NejiA575
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
But wasn't Trunks a kid when he got the sword from Tapion?

KonohaShinobi
10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
There are two different Trunks; each belonging to two different time lines:
Future Trunks:his future came from the androids taking over the world.

Chibi Trunks: his future came from when Cell was defeated by SSJ2 Gohan.

Future Trunks got the sword form future Gohan (probably referring to how Piccolo gave little Gohan a sword when he trained).
Chibi Trunks got the sword from Tapion when Huridegarn or whatever was defeated in Movie 13.

NejiA575
10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
So problem solved?

KonohaShinobi
10-13-2010, 07:27 AM
I guess so. :D

Shuhan
10-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Umm....he definitely didn't get it from future Gohan. Trunk wasn't even seen using it until years after the androids killed him (Gohan). I'm pretty sure he didn't get it from Gohan, since he was long since dead by the time he got it lol.

Burr
10-15-2010, 08:56 PM
trunks licks nuts his jr self did more then his future self lol

Shuhan
10-15-2010, 09:19 PM
trunks licks nuts his jr self did more then his future self lol

OK, so then I definitely must be watching a different DBZ lmao

Darkkyuubi059
10-17-2010, 09:20 AM
you have never watched dbz wrath of the dragon? ok in wrath of the dragon after they killed hirudagarn and tapion was about to leave earth. Tapion gave trunks his sword, the brave sword, and thats how trunks got his sword.

Shuhan
10-17-2010, 08:13 PM
you have never watched dbz wrath of the dragon? ok in wrath of the dragon after they killed hirudagarn and tapion was about to leave earth. Tapion gave trunks his sword, the brave sword, and thats how trunks got his sword.

Future Trunks...read the thread dude. Future Trunks and Kid Trunks are totally and utterly different. Kid Trunks got it like that. Not only that, but the Dragon's Wrath movie (like other DBZ movies) aren't canon. And it would be impossible for that to be canon for Future Trunks anyway. It took a SSJ3 to kill him, so if Hirudegarn ever appeared in Future Trunks's timeline, Trunks would never survive lol.

adis91
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok, why do all of you think that Trunks got his sword from anyone??

I see most of you have watched 'Wrath of The Dragon' but has anybody watched the TV Special: Trunks' Future ??

Well, at that time Gohan was alive and he was training Trunks. In the Special, Gohan fought the Androids twice, first time he lost his arm because he had to give his last Sensu Bean to Trunks so he can survive. At that time Trunks hadn't a sword. The second time they fought, Gohan died and Trunks transformed for the first time into a Super Saiyan. He still hadn't a sword.
A few years passed and then he confronted the androids WITH a sword for the first time !! And i remember, when Android 17 caught his sword, he sad something like:
'Oh, i see what you have in mind...sorry, but that won't work.'
That clearly implicates that Trunks knew that he couldn't do any harm to them with his strength, so he tried to use a sword to do some mechanical damage and make them malfunction (because they can't regenerate like Cell). But they were to fast for him to land even one slash...And at last he traveled back through time with Bulma's time machine.

Any comments now?